Archived Work Related Injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow Target Team Members

I am a cashier and I work 5 days a week usually for 8 hours a day. And I've noticed in the past couple months that my left shoulder has been aching after work and then more recently it's been troubling me more and more with the usual bagging and lifting items, and just about everything else that cashiers do. I've been trying to use my right arm more, but it's difficult with the narrow registers/bagging area. And now it's becoming a problem outside of work. Just doing anything that involves using my left arm causes a horrible sharp pain that goes to my shoulder blade and my neck. I haven't been able to go to a doctor, but I had one of my friends that studies sports medicine/physical therapy look at it and she said that it looks like I may have torn my rotator cuff from all the repetitive lifting and reaching at work. So I want to get to a doctor soon to check it out, I've been icing it in the mean time, but how do I go about letting the people at work know about this injury? And what will they do about it for me? Somewhat nervous about that, so I wanted a little bit of advice from you all about this before I go in and let them know? All I really need is time off to give it some rest and let it heal up. I don't think I need anything too serious.

You are entitled to Workman's compensation and all of your medical bills be paid if the injury is work related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back