Archived Workbench PCs being upgraded to Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day while on Workbench I read that all Workbench PCs will be upgraded to Windows 7 this coming September-October. Are there any real advantages to this upgrade? Seems like it might be more of a headache than anything. Has anyone here dealt with PC upgrades before? Just wondering what everyone here thinks of this.

When I made the upgrade from XP to 7 on my laptop it took about 2 hours to do a complete backup and upgrade.
So unless the people doing the upgrade are numb nuts, it shouldn't be an issue and is actually welcomed as 7 is way better.

When I made the upgrade from XP to 7 on my laptop it took about 2 hours to do a complete backup and upgrade.
So unless the people doing the upgrade are numb nuts, it shouldn't be an issue and is actually welcomed as 7 is way better.

Agreed. This should be a positive change. They're adding memory to the workstations that don't have enough, as well--and in my experience, W7 isn't all that memory-intensive, so I wouldn't be surprised to see an overall performance improvement.

Does anyone know if they will be updating the monitors as well or just the PC portion? Some of our monitors are very outdated! Not to mention, the registry kiosks appear to be antiques!

From what I read I sounds like the hardware will be replaced as well. It talked about sending the old hardware back and that we'll be receiving a pallet of stuff a few weeks ahead of time.

They have replaced most of the monitors in our store. They have already replaced most of the cpus due to them dying in the 6 and 1/2 years we have been open.

Make sure you download the excel document listing when your store is going to be visited by the technician. You probably would be best off planning for the whole day to be a wash in regards to computer use so plan accordingly. Print out important documents the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back