Archived Workday Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was looking around on the Workday app and came across something that I'm curious about. Under Worker History It says Transfer: [My name]. This was initiated on approximately the 105th day of my employment and made retroactively effective to the 100th day of my employment. There is another line that has the same dates listed under Assign Organizations: [My Name.] That was cancelled.

Anyone know what that means? My profile still says my employment type is seasonal so I don't think they made me permanent without telling me.

Hmmm. So I figured that out by looking online instead of the app. Apparently, they changed my manager. Whatever. But, the details online lead to another question.

There is a line that says "Scheduled Weekly Hours" and that says 20. Does that mean they are only trying to have the system schedule me for 20 hours a week? That's below the minimum I told them at hiring that I would accept the job offer for. Not, that they care about that, but I do. There are two other lines that say "Location Weekly Hours" and "Default Weekly Hours." They both have 40 listed. Confused a bit here.

@HRLady or any other HR people

Today I also saw in my worker history some Assign organization : cancelled . I don’t know what it is. I’m a seasonal too and yesterday they told me that I’m staying.so I was hoping they would change me to regular team member.

There is a line that says "Scheduled Weekly Hours" and that says 20. Does that mean they are only trying to have the system schedule me for 20 hours a week? That's below the minimum I told them at hiring that I would accept the job offer for. Not, that they care about that, but I do. There are two other lines that say "Location Weekly Hours" and "Default Weekly Hours." They both have 40 listed. Confused a bit here.

I would like to answer your question but I don't currently have access to Workday. Maybe my friends, @HRZone, @HRTMKendall, @hrblackwidow, and @khaleesi can help you with this one.

Hmmm. So I figured that out by looking online instead of the app. Apparently, they changed my manager. Whatever. But, the details online lead to another question.

I know as long as I’ve been in HR, when we hire people into our hiring system, we put standard hours of 20, regardless of the amount of hours a tm will be scheduled for. The only exception to that is TL’s who are guaranteed a minimum of 32.

Today I also saw in my worker history some Assign organization : cancelled . I don’t know what it is. I’m a seasonal too and yesterday they told me that I’m staying.so I was hoping they would change me to regular team member.

It can manually be done or it automatically changes over at the 165 day mark. We’re waiting on convering some of the seasonals we kept (TL assess performance.)

So when is the team member’s performance being assessed?

ASANTS, in my store, this is mostly for the team that was on boarded throughout November. We had our last large group brought on after BF, so they’ve only been working a month. As long as they were performing decently and had no attendance issues, were giving them a few more weeks to show us what they’ve got.
Then we will convert everyone (and this can be done retroactively.)

I would like to answer your question but I don't currently have access to Workday. Maybe my friends, @HRZone, @HRTMKendall, @hrblackwidow, and @khaleesi can help you with this one.
Unless you’re a TL everyone is hired part time which defaults to at least 20 hrs. It doesn’t matter how many hours you want to work or what you’re looking for. Unless you’re a Lead you’re not guaranteed 40 hours a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back