Archived Working Long Shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've done 13 hours, but after the 12th hour i was pretty much gone and i used to work 12's all the time at my old job. Its the whole being on your feet constantly moving all day that gets you. Anyone working more then that is just wasting time honestly, you're cutting your productivity by way too much after 12 hours to make it worth it. I know here in my state, after the 12th hour its automatic overtime pay regardless of whether or not you hit 40 hours, so a lot of people push it.

As for the post about other tm's working 24 hours straight, that's just plain stupid, at that point your a liability to the company and other coworkers. Even the people in third world countries who can push their slaves to work 24 hours don't do it, because they know its pointless.

We used to have a backroom tm work 10 hour shifts which consisted of him pushing/maintaining bulk and pipos he’s been here for a while so he knows his stuff.

I’m notorious for taking time off and just doubling up on shifts to spare my vacation hours for a truly rainy day. Not all shifts are the same, I almost broke doing market all day. Doing market, then softlines is a bit breezier.

No you didn't

No on is pulling a 24 hour shift at Target lmao
27.5 in a 5hr state that was 5 lunches and a couple 15s. Before a Tina visit.

I work 10-14hrs on a regular basis. Ot since March just about every week. No idea how the stl justifies it, but I rarely get tired with long shifts.

The most important part of getting longer shifts is work center. Signing, pog, pricing, flow, backroom, sfs all can work longer shifts with some wiggle room at either end without impacting guests experience. Fitting room, cashier, guest service can't come in before open without wafting hours staffing the floor.

But of course, all of that makes sense...

A couple of times I picked up someone else's shift and worked open to close. But I also have always had at least an hour off between the two shifts. That break is SOOO helpful in making it through the day.

I worked a 33hr shift in the past. We have a VP visit so they let me work (around that time we’re in the middle of a store remodel so there’s overnight).

The worst thing about TM's working over 24 hours? They smell awful. Like we can smell you from the breakroom...
Yes! I typically work 10 or 12 hour shifts and even then my office space is stocked with a complete change of clothes, down to socks and underwear. Deodorant, and body spray. I refuse to stink.

You must be salaried.

Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back