Archived Working Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedijenchan

new kid
Well, they told me that sales floor people work nights at my store, so that's what I will be doing. Mostly the 5pm to close shift(11:30 or 12am).

Well, I am used to being a day shift worker, and working nights is going to require a bit of adjusting. Yeah, it means little to no time spent with my Fiance' and family, but I think I can deal with it.

So, my question is to all, what did you night shift workers do in order to adjust to your schedule? Any tips or advice?

Yeah, I know I can Google it, but why not go directly to you all here first to get real people's advice? :excited:

It does suck working opposite your loved ones. Maybe take a nap after you help your fiancé get ready for work or just stay up and get 6 or 7 hours sleep a night. Or just stay in bed till whenever you want.

If its your only job its pretty easy to do. Just DVR anything you would normally watch at night. Your sleep schedule will only be a couple hours off, instead of waking up at 6 or 7am you will probably wake up more like 9 or 10am. It sucks being on an opposite schedule as most people but in terms of doing the day in and day out life task it makes it much easier since now you can go shopping with less people, you can go the post office with less people, you can go to the movies with less people, everything you can do with less people in your way!

Ya at my store there arent many people scheduled salesfloor during the day. Typcially one of our SF TLs work 8-4:30 and then we have a mid somewhere in there. Then a 2:30-close shift and the rest are 6:15-close.

Night shift is better than overnight, especially if you're a night person not a morning person.

It's not too bad, but it's going to take some getting used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back