Archived Working off the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m an hourly TL and for the past year or so, I have been constantly working off the clock. My STL refuses to stop contacting me when I’m not at work. She is always calling me, texting me, begging me to come in, etc. I’m always answering questions about workload, VMGs, team members, and the best part is that I get chewed out on a weekly basis for stuff going wrong when I’m not at work. What is the best way to handle this because it’s really out of control. I have no work/life balance and my anxiety and depression is through the roof.

Easier said than done. I’ve gotten 3 calls and 5 texts in a row. If you don’t answer, she won’t stop. And also she talks shit about you and tells others what a crappy leader you are

I’ve thought about reporting it but she is like a freaking superstar in our district and I feel like she will come up with a way to fire me if I do report it. She’s tried to do it before to TMs

I feel your pain. I had an ETL that would constantly do group texts off the clock. When he was closing he’d text us at like 10-11pm

Hotline or HRBP. Corporate and District won't care if she's a Superstar she's breaking the Law making you work off the Clock and Spot could be sued out the wazoo for that shit.

Where is your ETL in all of this? They should be addressing this as well. If I was you I wouldn’t respond to your STL’s calls/texts and do what everyone has suggested with going to your ETL-HR and HRBP.

I’m an hourly TL and for the past year or so, I have been constantly working off the clock. My STL refuses to stop contacting me when I’m not at work. She is always calling me, texting me, begging me to come in, etc. I’m always answering questions about workload, VMGs, team members, and the best part is that I get chewed out on a weekly basis for stuff going wrong when I’m not at work. What is the best way to handle this because it’s really out of control. I have no work/life balance and my anxiety and depression is through the roof.
Stop answering the phone.

Damn, this just shows how awesome my ETLs are. My store op who rarely calls me except this one time asked me to make sure I do a 15 min punch correction first thing on my next shift. Your STL is a B.

Question: Is this ETL doing this to other TL's at you store? If so, get some private feedback from them, and how they are handling it. If they too aren't doing anything, maybe collectively as a group, you can voice this problem to the hotline. How will Corporate feel about their "Super Star" when they know that she's bothering workers when they are off the clock?

My STL called me at home ONCE to ask me a couple questions about some flats of product that I left on the line after my shift, and he told me at the beginning of the call that this would only take a minute of my time and I would get paid for 15 minutes, and I was. My store is dope like that.

In your case you need to punch correct and keep logs of contacts. I don’t mind taking calls and texts but when they bug me about small stuff I send them this

Attachments

• 056AE4D5-9A38-481A-830E-D20F280E5B8B.png
    056AE4D5-9A38-481A-830E-D20F280E5B8B.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 36
Easier said than done. I’ve gotten 3 calls and 5 texts in a row. If you don’t answer, she won’t stop. And also she talks shit about you and tells others what a crappy leader you are
She can actually get fired . Not coached but fired even if she is a stl. Contact her dtl not even hrpb
If not for every text do 15 min punch correction and if it gets flag and you get pulled in by hr you show the messages and say you knew you can’t work off the clock.

I’m just going to do a final talk with her about how I do not have to put up with her constantly calling me. She does it to every TL in the building. Even my ETL is starting to get annoyed by her constant nagging. If it doesn’t stop, I will be contacting my DTL

I feel your pain. I had an ETL that would constantly do group texts off the clock. When he was closing he’d text us at like 10-11pm

Damn that's terrible behavior on his part. I had a group text with my team but I did it through GroupMe and only after telling them to turn off notifications when they're off work and not to respond.

Each time you are contacted about a new topic put in a 15 minute punch correction for the date and time. If you go back and forth with your STL, for more than 15 minutes, put in for the actual time spent. If you are challenged or denied the punch corrections, show them your cell phone records, they are your documentation. Once they realize you are serious about not working off the clock, these texts and calls will quickly stop.

Also, you can't put in a punch correction if they are calling or texting you to see if you can come in or anything related to just your schedule.

All of the TLs are in a group message. It’s a constant stream of texts. I have it on do not disturb, but I get at least 30 texts a day from it 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back