Archived Working Target AND Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
I am looking to pump in some more income.

What I was wondering is if it is ok now to work at both Mobile and Target at the same time now that Market source has taken over? I know in the past it was a taboo, and that there was even a 6 month waiting period if a person quit either one to join the other, but that was because of RadioShack.

For me it would be perfect because I could work on evenings that I work during the day, and on mornings that I close. Anyone else hear of this being done yet? Or know if it's possible?

I haven't quite heard anything on this just yet. You're correct, in the past Radioshack and Target had a 6 month waiting period to go from one to the other. I would think there would still be some sort of conflict of interest in that though. Especially if you work Mobile at the same store as you work at regularly.

You would probably have to check with HR, or your Mobile Kiosks DM on that one.

You can do both, but you have to work at two stores. One store working for Target and a different one working for Target Mobile. They find it conflicting if you work at the same store for two different companies. If the guest see you one time in black and one time in red, they will get a bit confused. If you do different stores, most guest don't usually shop at more than one store. When you see the Target Mobile Rep. ask him/her if they are hiring for a different store before you ask your Target if you can transfer do a different one.

You can do both, but you have to work at two stores. One store working for Target and a different one working for Target Mobile. They find it conflicting if you work at the same store for two different companies.

That is also an interesting idea. Although I would actually consider THAT a bit conflicting as well as anything I would ring up electronics wise would count towards THAT store's AAR. Lol. Silly I know, but I am a nut when it comes to that.

I will talk to our Mobile DM as well as my HR. I just wanted to get some perspective before I do. Thanks!

Back when Mobile was owned by Radioshack we had TMs transfer to mobile, without the six month wait. We also had Mobile transfer to Target without the 6 month wait.

As for working at both you would have to ask your HR and Mobile DM. The only conflict I can see happening is having a guest recognize you as mobile, then that guest demanding that you help him/her with mobile, while you're clocked in as Target.

The only conflict I can see happening is having a guest recognize you as mobile, then that guest demanding that you help him/her with mobile, while you're clocked in as Target.

Yeah good point too. lol Would be kind of awkward explaining that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back