Archived Working third shift New Year's Eve - Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is having seasonal staff work the third shift on New Year's Eve something new or has it always been that way? How about the same for Christmas night?

Long story short, yes, that's normal. It's normal for any business... as they say in the military "S*** rolls down hill."

That is surprising considering truck delivery on a drinking night, team leads and other staff to work with the seasonal staff. All to support a non major holiday. I thought it may have just been a reaction to what blue is doing.

I never heard of a trunk coming on Saturday/Sunday night after Christmas.

It must be for Reset.

Look for a lotta bleary-eyed, disheveled TMs Sunday morn.

I never heard of a trunk coming on Saturday/Sunday night after Christmas.

It must be for Reset.
It depends on the store. We rarely had a night when we DIDN'T have a trailer - most nights we had duals. But that was in a AAA+ volume store.

Closing saturday, mid on Sunday.

Could be worse.

I worked New years over night. We got holiday pay witch is based on the average hours you work. So in the end you get an additional days pay.

I worked New years over night. We got holiday pay witch is based on the average hours you work. So in the end you get an additional days pay.

Which is why my store cut everyone's hours last week and this week. Works for me. The more time I have for a life outside of work, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back