Archived Would you quit Target for a "better" job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What moron wouldn't quit their job for a better one???
Some people won't leave because of work friends

When I quit I admit I was a tiny bit hesitant about not seeing some cool dudes I worked with but I made new friends at my new job and the fact that I was only schulded for 2 half shifts a week for 3 months meant i didnt see them much anyway.

A lot of people don't really know there are better job out there, and while TL and higher is okay, I don't know what any young employee would stay there for life with no promotion. I

I loved my store when I started two years ago, but now we are doing triple volume from last year mostly in grocery and are running into an operational meltdown. Leadership is just reacting too slowly. I’m looking to get out since our TL left along with four of our best TMs last month. I was hoping I could stick around for the next few years (especially with the pay!) but I‘m not sure I can keep dealing with this situation, especially since half of the people I worked with are now gone.

Found mine a bit ago. It was the right decision. I played the game right, got out before eyes turned to me. People will save themselves before they will save you.

I wouldn't leave for another retail/other kind of service job.
I do have a potential job for the future... but it's not until the person who offered it to me retires, which won't be for at least a couple of years. So I'll stay where I am until then.

Fuck yes I would.

If I can't get it with the B.S. I'm a year from, there's always grad school!

Q4 culls the weak.
drinkbeer.gif

This is kinda like the question in the BTS every year. But yes, if I was offered a job doing what I’m doing now but at a different company, I would leave in a heartbeat. I would even take a small pay cut to get the hell out of Target. The only thing that has kept me there so long is the fact that I make a decent amount an hour. But by 2020, everyone will make what I make and then it won’t matter. My goal is to get a job that I can use my design degree in.

Reactions: Him
Yes. I am offered a better pay job ($20/hr),40hrs/wk with me doing my own schedule and it is purely a supervisor role (just guiding/managing my coworkers). However, I rejected it as I'm at full hours at Target currently and even though, I am frustrated with my TL for the moment (by putting every mundane tasks on me when everyone should be able to do the same tasks plus ON pushes their stuff.. I still have to push mine --- hey, it E2E), I am still staying just to help her out (bec of our friendship). But I heard she may be leaving/transferring soon bec of moving away. I like this company and would like to consider myself a lifer but I am out as soon as my TL leaves.

Yes, yes Kartman.. I am one of those morons. LOL =)

Yes. I am offered a better pay job ($20/hr),40hrs/wk with me doing my own schedule and it is purely a supervisor role (just guiding/managing my coworkers). However, I rejected it as I'm at full hours at Target currently and even though, I am frustrated with my TL for the moment (by putting every mundane tasks on me when everyone should be able to do the same tasks plus ON pushes their stuff.. I still have to push mine --- hey, it E2E), I am still staying just to help her out (bec of our friendship). But I heard she may be leaving/transferring soon bec of moving away. I like this company and would like to consider myself a lifer but I am out as soon as my TL leaves.

Things can change very quickly at modernized Target, and TLs may not leave on their own timetable. Your loyalty is great but look out for yourself, too. Loyalty should be rewarded but it seldom is, unfortunately. Really hope that $20/hr job is still available when your TL leaves. Good luck!:)

That's crazy and not the good kind

I mean, why turn down a 20/hr job with full hours and leadership role to stay in retail

I mean, I left after a year for a much better paying job (10/h compared to 14/h? fuck yeah), steady hours at 25 a minimum and usually much more, have 40 next week alone. Plus the atmosphere with the new job is much better, I don't hate the thought of having to go to work daily now. And my insurance is amazing for the job I work. So yes, yes I would.

I mean, I left after a year for a much better paying job (10/h compared to 14/h? fuck yeah), steady hours at 25 a minimum and usually much more, have 40 next week alone. Plus the atmosphere with the new job is much better, I don't hate the thought of having to go to work daily now. And my insurance is amazing for the job I work. So yes, yes I would.
Nice I actually took a small paycut but since I now get 40 hours a week instead of 8.5 it all works out

That's crazy and not the good kind

I mean, why turn down a 20/hr job with full hours and leadership role to stay in retail

It's with another company. And my manager from that company talked to me about her wanting me to become a lead. She said she understands if I am not committing right now but she hopes I will soon. It's still retail, I think.
I've been with my TL since I started in Target and that was 5 years ago so yes, we've been through a lot and I do owe her part of where I am now. I learned a lot from her.

I left after 12+ years initially to be a store manager for another big box retailer, after 2 years of that I took a pay cut to work for the government in a M-F engineering position.

Trading 20k/year for weekends and evenings off was absolutely a good call, I see my family a lot more, and I'm generally less stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back