Archived Wrongfully Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fired from Target this week though I'm not sure it's legit.

I was given corrective action a couple of months ago and signed a piece of paper, was told that it lasted for 30 days and to just treat it like a final so as to be an incentive to not let it happen again. Almost 60 days go by and the same issue hasn't happened until last week when I slip up and an LOD speaks to me about it. I go into work after being off and halfway through my shift I'm called into an office and told I'm being terminated.

I was specifically told that there's paperwork detailing a corrective action and a final warning that were issued for me, and so now I have to be terminated, however I only ever signed one piece of paper. I was under the impression that when you're on a final warning you have to sign that too, which then leads me to believe they issued a final warning in my name without me signing it.

Does this seem plausible? Am I mixing things up? Is it worth my time fighting this or should I just let it go?

A corrective action lasts 6 months. A final warning lasts 12 months. If you are on a final and did something that would put you on another corrective then that would be grounds for termination. It depends on the severity of the issue, but the 30 days thing makes no sense.

If you are under 90 days, they can do that. It's like you may of gotten a verbal coaching more than once on the issue.

It all depends on the incident for your original CA and second CA. And depends on your status as a TM (under probation or not).

You signed something without fully reading it???

Big no-no!

doesn't matter if he signs it or not. it's still in effect.

i coached a tm for ncns. or rather, they were put on corrective action. they refused to sign because it "wasn't fair" that they didn't call, stuff happens. this wasn't the first offense. the stl followed up and spoke with them as well, but the CA stood with or without signature.

doesn't matter if he signs it or not. it's still in effect.

i coached a tm for ncns. or rather, they were put on corrective action. they refused to sign because it "wasn't fair" that they didn't call, stuff happens. this wasn't the first offense. the stl followed up and spoke with them as well, but the CA stood with or without signature.

Really...Its not fair for someone to call their employer to say they are not coming into their scheduled shift. They only legit reasons on why you can't call in probably are...you are in the hospital, in jail, or dead. They should take some responsiblility.

Really...Its not fair for someone to call their employer to say they are not coming into their scheduled shift. They only legit reasons on why you can't call in probably are...you are in the hospital, in jail, or dead. They should take some responsiblility.

Or contagious. PLEASE don't come to work if you're contagious!

Ya, these things are very tricky, you have to know what step you are being given, counseling, 1st written, final written, or termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back