Archived X-Mas Toy Flipping 2016 is in full swing - Hatchimals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I distinctly remember our Operator asking through out the day "Do we have any Wiis in stock?"
Answer: "no"

and then 45 mins later, with the same question. Truck team is long gone....

smh

"Nope, still no Wiis"

When I work fitting room, I like to check on the popular items as soon as I clock in, and I write a note by the phone for when someone covers my breaks. I answer the phone "thanks for calling Target in [a place] we're all out of [popular toy], how can I help you?" Then they say "oh... you answered my question." Saves everyone time.

I wonder if star showers will still be a thing this year..

Remember Pie Face? Now Speak Out and Hatchimals...Lord take me now!

Oddly enough, we still have Speak Out. Hatchimals seem to be cleared out at most Targets and Walmarts.

One thing is for sure, with the number of casepaks we have of Pie Face Showdown, we are sure to not run out of that.

Last edited:
I doubt it will have the same craze as last year. New models (with new features) and competition in the market this year - not to mention, I assume much more stock. I went through seasonal over the weekend and felt like I saw we have a couple of different laser projectors?? I didn't stop long enough to see exactly what they were.

I distinctly remember our Operator asking through out the day "Do we have any Wiis in stock?"
Answer: "no"

and then 45 mins later, with the same question. Truck team is long gone....

smh

"Nope, still no Wiis"

Lol, oh yeah...it was so rare any showed up in the middle of the day. Happened a couple times though

Like @sher we started letting the operator know first thing in the morning so we didn't have to deal with all of the calls throughout the day. People would even stop in on a daily basis and ask. I mean there were people I knew on a first name basis because I saw them so often.

I will say, when we finally did have some in stock and the one person who had been stopping in for weeks finally was able to buy it...that was a fun time. It was nice to see their joy/satisfaction/relief...lol

We've had one sitting in toys for ages. The other sold but this poor lil guy is unwanted. Honestly I'm not sure what the appeal of them is. From the commercial I saw it doesn't even say what they do are like like Furby are they like FurReal I just don't know

We've had one sitting in toys for ages. The other sold but this poor lil guy is unwanted. Honestly I'm not sure what the appeal of them is. From the commercial I saw it doesn't even say what they do are like like Furby are they like FurReal I just don't know
Oh god Furbies are the literal spawn of Satan and we apparently started selling those again too. Strangely enough nobody has been bugging us about Furbies which is kind of odd

I doubt it will have the same craze as last year. New models (with new features) and competition in the market this year - not to mention, I assume much more stock. I went through seasonal over the weekend and felt like I saw we have a couple of different laser projectors?? I didn't stop long enough to see exactly what they were.

I unloaded a trailer that was entirely star showers a few weeks back. Haven't seen another one yet, though.

The one thing I love as a TL is shutting guests down when they try to game the system. I've always gotten etl support on the decisions, and it let's me firmly say no and see their anger at not being treated like royalty.

I just repeat my no, tell them that stacking things is an exploit, and say yes, actually I am a manager. I don't have to sell you anything, and no you don't have a right to be here. This is our store and our stuff. We can tell you to pound sand.

It's so liberating. Of course, I do only do this to obvious shit heads. :)

Man I'd love to be a TL if only to be able to shut shitheads down myself without having to bring someone else over to repeat what I just said.

Oddly enough, we still have Speak Out. Hatchimals seem to be cleared out at most Targets and Walmarts.

One thing is for sure, with the number of casepaks we have of Pie Face Showdown, we are sure to not run out of that.

Dang, they had a whole table of them at Toys R Us, yesterday!

When I work fitting room, I like to check on the popular items as soon as I clock in, and I write a note by the phone for when someone covers my breaks. I answer the phone "thanks for calling Target in [a place] we're all out of [popular toy], how can I help you?" Then they say "oh... you answered my question." Saves everyone time.

There should be an end cap of them in kitchen. I know we have a packed end cap of those damn things.

There should be an end cap of them in kitchen. I know we have a packed end cap of those damn things.

Ours is in seasonal right now. Last year there was only 2 facings for it on the ASOTV endcap. They're super prepared this year

I think that new Speak Out game looks like something that suburban people who own mini vans with stick figure bumper stickers and post Minions memes on Facebook would find enjoyable.
That's what vibe the guests who ask about it give at least

I wonder if star showers will still be a thing this year
We received at least one entire pallets worth a few weeks back and currently have two full end caps of them. We should be fine as long as they keep them replenished. Plus, it's not like you buy a new one every year. So those who managed to get one last year probably won't get another.

So apparently hatchimals are random. They are a 60 dollar blind bag. Can you imagine all the kids that are gonna make their parents exchange or return one they didn't like?? And I don't think you can like unhatch them
Wait then why are there like 4 different DPCIs?

So apparently hatchimals are random. They are a 60 dollar blind bag. Can you imagine all the kids that are gonna make their parents exchange or return one they didn't like?? And I don't think you can like unhatch them

Each box has two dif ones pictured on the box. You get one of those colors, so it's not a huge surprise... at least, that's how I understood it. When you look at it on target.com or in the app, there's multiple listings and when you go to them, the image will have the two options for that box pictured. It confused tf out of me when I was looking it up

I didn't realize the hatching process was so interactive... I feel like I would've wanted this as a kid lol, but then I would've only played with it for a week
Hatchimals are Tamagotchis of the 21st century - CNN Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back