Archived X-Mas Toy Flipping 2016 is in full swing - Hatchimals

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 5 DPCIs are showing an ETA of 11/25..

Thats for your store not all stores right? Does that mean the stores will no longer get any before the 25th?
That's what it said at my store. It didn't specify how many or if that was the ETA to the DC or the store. But I'd assume other stores serviced by the same DC will see them around the same time.

Why is everyone holding them for tomorrow's ad? They will be gone shortly after the store opens and there will still be just as many complaints.

Might as well sell them now at the higher profit margin.

My store got 12 and actually saved them all for the ad....I was surprised. Im sure they will be gone in 2 minutes. I havent seen an ad yet how much are we selling them for tomorrow? I noticed walmart had them om their black friday ad....48.88

Today was interesting.. unfortunately, posting the story might out me. But let's just say don't risk your jobs for hatchimals, folks. ;) I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
I love our GSTL. At yesterday's huddle, he said he was going to buy Pizza Hut for the person who could guess the number of calls we received for Hatchimals by noon. We received 10 on our truck that night, 2 of each variant. We have probably 30 stores in a 40 mile radius as we are a large metro area and were the only store to get them in. GSTL wrote down everybody's guess - guesses ranged from 3 to 130. We had a line when we opened, and the toys were sold out within 2 minutes as moms and dad made a mad rush to get to the toy department. The calls poured in. I lost bad with a guess of 35. The winner was 67.

I love our GSTL. At yesterday's huddle, he said he was going to buy Pizza Hut for the person who could guess the number of calls we received for Hatchimals by noon. We received 10 on our truck that night, 2 of each variant. We have probably 30 stores in a 40 mile radius as we are a large metro area and were the only store to get them in. GSTL wrote down everybody's guess - guesses ranged from 3 to 130. We had a line when we opened, and the toys were sold out within 2 minutes as moms and dad made a mad rush to get to the toy department. The calls poured in. I lost bad with a guess of 35. The winner was 67.
you still should have passed out numbers to those in line and handed them out 1 at a time at guest services !!

Also, I witnessed a very crazy scene yesterday. One of the dads, lucky enough to snag one of the Hatchimals sold the Hatchimal to a woman for $75 - before he even paid for it. The woman then went and purchased it for $49.99.
that should have never ever happened WTF

The GSTL and TM were standing at the end cap and shelf making sure each person only got one.
but some jerk sold his for 75 dollars it wasn't even his it was still Targets this sh!t has got to stop, it's just a damn toy.

According to one of the other guests who got one, the woman was at the end of the line when the store was opening and announced to all the other guests ahead of her that she was willing to pay $125 if she was not lucky enough to get one.
wow she was desperate and must be a "trophy wife" that kid will grow up spoiled as hell !!

I have not seen any of these at all. I had to google it to see what it looked like. Not really seeing spending sixty dollars for this toy.

Our etl-log told the team they could purchase one of the six we got in yesterday when we opened...which means we had very few to sell to the guests who woke up early to wait...will be emailing integrity later. They were not on break even...

We had a Spin Master rep in our store yesterday and she said unless distribution is sitting on Hatchimals (which she did not believe to be the case), there would not be more deliveries made by Spin Master in 2016. She said Walmart has been stockpiling them at their warehouses for Black Friday and each store should have 10-20 depending on the size of the store. Toys R Us distribution has decided to slowly leak them instead of sending them all at once, because it keeps people coming into their stores daily. Barnes & Noble is done, Kohl's is done, Shopko is done in our district but other districts could be different. Each Target could get a few more casepaks around Black Friday, but no more after that. She thinks with all the commercials, toy books and promos on Nik Jr. and Disney, these will be selling for $300+ on third party sites right after Black Friday when parents missed getting one at Walmart's Black Friday sale and no other stores getting them until 2017. She predicts this inventory shortage will be similar to the tickle-me-elmo shortage, but will seem so much worse because of the social media coverage of the third party sellers. She said Spin Master is preparing the public relations machine because they think the backlash against them is going to be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back