Archived X-Mas Toy Flipping 2016 is in full swing - Hatchimals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot make this stuff up.

We got 6 Hatchimals on our truck Friday night. Four on the shelf, two on the end cap. At 6:55AM, I am outside the front of the store adjusting a flu shot banner. There are 8 female guests waiting in line at the softlines entrance, and 1 gentleman waiting at our grocery entrance. This is the same gentleman from the OP (although I did not realize it at the time). I head toward the grocery entrance to get back inside. TL decides to keep the door open and let the guy walk in the store. The guy literally sprints down the aisle by grocery toward the back of the store. I wanted to holler out "no running", but he wouldn't have heard me. My TL asked if I would follow him into toys and explain the 1/per person limit while he went to unlock the other door. In the amount of time it took for the second door to be unlocked the gentleman guest apparently darted through the middle of the store and began checking out with four Hatchimals at a self service check out (I didn't witness this) as I was still headed toward toys to deal with the cat fight that was about to ensue - nine guests who I presumed all would be fighting over 6 toys. I got back to toys about the same time as the 8 frantic women and all six Hatchimals were gone. GONE! We had not even been open for 120 seconds and one guest cleared us out. He stayed under the radar by using self serve check out. However, he only bought 4, and there were 6 on the shelf. WTF? Did other team members take them, or did he hide them?

The 8 female guests were furious and demanded the GSTL. The 8 women were all offered $5 store credit for the inconvenience.

Fast forward and hour, I see the guy come back in the store and radio my TL. The guest goes into home section and pulls the other two Hatchimals out from underneath bed pillows!! The TL confronted the guest and asked him to leave the store, without the Hatchimals. The Hatchimals lasted about 30 minutes before they were bought.

The TL had every intention of halting the original sale if the guest wanted more than one. However, nobody expected him to get the toys and check out so quickly. Nobody was even close to the self serve check out he used. Super poor ops mgmt.

The lengths people go to to get these things is fascinating. I found the entire ordeal kind of amusing....

Hmmm this has me thinking I need to check our bedding for hatchimals. We got some in and no one can find them. People call in PO because "online says we have them" People are selling them for $1500 on ebay lol No thanks. Ill wait.

Hmmm this has me thinking I need to check our bedding for hatchimals. We got some in and no one can find them. People call in PO because "online says we have them" People are selling them for $1500 on ebay lol No thanks. Ill wait.

We always keep track of ours. Since I'm mostly on the unload, I always check beforehand how many we're getting and let LOD know an hour before opening.

I left my store at 5 today and we had people lined up already. I'm not sure how many we got in though.

we give ours out by number and a guest service ...

i saw this online ...

15043483_221826768255536_6146430648224579584_n.jpg

that TM on the right is clueless ... he needs to have them under lock and key !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back