Yeah, I'm a little salty

I'm just gonna have to stay salty about this, aren't I? I have half a mind not to be helpful to her at all. Of course, if I'm not my lead will just pull me aside for a conversation about being a team player or whatever.

If they are scheduling you as SETL and expecting you to do the work of one but not paying you the same wage, you’ve actually got a pretty nice wage theft case on your hands. Contact your state’s labor board.

Oh, really??? But will going to the labor board cause me extra grief/work while I finish up my final year of school/Target?

If they are scheduling you as SETL and expecting you to do the work of one but not paying you the same wage, you’ve actually got a pretty nice wage theft case on your hands. Contact your state’s labor board.
I don't believe this for an instant. Show me any law that says you have to be paid according to your responsibilities. So long as you're being paid over minimum wage, what your responsibilities are have basically no bearing on any pay requirement.

Being scheduled under SETL though is something that I would expect to get someone in your store in trouble for if reported to the DSD. That's not the way things are meant to be done,but it's an issue of disobeying corporate instructions, not violating a law.

When I was a GSA, I got scheduled as a GSTL, I was openly referred to as a GSTL by people over the walkie, leads referred to me as being a GSTL, etc. Since the position was terminated however I have never been scheduled as a TL, the closest to that is I get scheduled as a Service Advocate, with the Shift Tag "GSA" on the schedule now.

The image I posted was from this past weekend. The two "Checkout Advocates" scheduled till 11:30 were former GSA's, one of them was really on a checklane a lot of the time, the other was not.
I was the service advocate with the GSA tag. For all intents and purposes, the three of us were in charge of the front when the TL's weren't present, but we weren't actually scheduled as TL's. Those two mostly monitored the lines and responded to blinkers at the lanes, I delivered change, and helped out at the service desk, they never came near the service desk. If someone asks for a manager, myself or one of the two scheduled till 11:30 typically handle the situation, the Closing TL is virtually never called to the front end at night.

We still effectively act as if we were GSA's, but we aren't ever literally scheduled as SETL's, nor have we ever been since they did away with the GSTL/GSA naming scheme.

Attachments

• GSA.png
    GSA.png
    687.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
What is Target giving you that you can't get elsewhere?
A guaranteed paycheck this week that will be more than $600. I've applied many other places and the ones that beat out Target pay/hours/benefits need me to be available every weekday. I was almost hired by a high school but they couldn't work around my classes. Same went for the data entry job and even a communications officer position I was offered and had to let go for school. Once I'm done with school I'm done with this place.

Being scheduled under SETL though is something that I would expect to get someone in your store in trouble for if reported to the DSD. That's not the way things are meant to be done,but it's an issue of disobeying corporate instructions, not violating a law.

When I was a GSA, I got scheduled as a GSTL, I was openly referred to as a GSTL by people over the walkie, leads referred to me as being a GSTL, etc. Since the position was terminated however I have never been scheduled as a TL, the closest to that is I get scheduled as a Service Advocate, with the Shift Tag "GSA" on the schedule now.

The image I posted was from this past weekend. The two "Checkout Advocates" scheduled till 11:30 were former GSA's, one of them was really on a checklane a lot of the time, the other was not.
I was the service advocate with the GSA tag. For all intents and purposes, the three of us were in charge of the front when the TL's weren't present, but we weren't actually scheduled as TL's. Those two mostly monitored the lines and responded to blinkers at the lanes, I delivered change, and helped out at the service desk, they never came near the service desk. If someone asks for a manager, myself or one of the two scheduled till 11:30 typically handle the situation, the Closing TL is virtually never called to the front end at night.

We still effectively act as if we were GSA's, but we aren't ever literally scheduled as SETL's, nor have we ever been since they did away with the GSTL/GSA naming scheme.
I'm the name in red.

Attachments

• 20201201_214137.png
    20201201_214137.png
    481.5 KB · Views: 29
Hours will be reduced after 4th qtr. you need talk to your etl or hr about the title thing. Document all events.
That's the only benefit of doing this - guaranteed 30 hours, if not more, no matter what. Right now we're at 39-40. Actually, scheduled 36 and expected to stay longer than scheduled most shifts. But we have to tell them if we're near the 40 mark. I purposely clock in 5 minutes earlier every shift so I have to go home on time my last shift of the week (unless they extend our lunches).

Back