Archived Yelling Into Radio Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
I got in trouble the other day for "intimidating" a TM lol. I didn't get written up or anything but she complained to an LOD that I yelled at her through the radio. Honestly, I was just doing my job in the backroom, had a big box on one hand and was holding the ladder with the other. I reached for the walkie with the hand I was holding the ladder with and yelled "standby" since the radio was on my belt. According to the salesfloor TM, I got mad at her and screamed into the radio. The LOD came to check on me and I had to tell her what was going on. It was funny and the LOD got a kick out of it after asking me why I was yelling at people through the radio. Then she told me that what I did was also very unsafe and if I ever got caught doing it, I would have to get written up. Guess I dodged a bullet. Anyone have similar stories?

Buy her a pretzel to sooth her.

Maybe, some chicken tenders...

I understand what happened.. Try me to see if this sounds right. You used an authoritative clear language and she has never been talked to like that. That everyone should be speak to her as if her ears are puffy clouds? Yeah I get that all the time.. Sorry I understand how to use a radio and keep my language clear, quick and to the point. Not to clog up the channel. I want to say it once and have anyone and everyone understand it. I would love the same in return. But some people seem to think that its like a phone where you can have long explainations for everything on channel one.. Shut the fuck up!!!!

Prolly better than mine, which is clear and blatant sarcasm, or a "call for %$%$, and sighing while talking at the same time" it is an art to perfect

Mmmm...well, I can always tell when someone is on the toilet, because they're echoy as fuck on the walkie. I've always been tempted to say, "copy, and don't forget to wash your hands."

Mmmm...well, I can always tell when someone is on the toilet, because they're echoy as fuck on the walkie. I've always been tempted to say, "copy, and don't forget to wash your hands."

This is why I turn my walkie off.

I' take the texting while driving advice "it can wait"

OFF TOPIC POST INCOMING
Maybe, some chicken tenders...
The chicken bites at my Food Ave. are nasty for some reason. Always cold and tasting weird. But, the ones from the next closest Spot are amazing and delicious... I don't get it.

People don't seem to understand backroom doesn't just stand around waiting for calls. It could take a minute to respond... Several TMs at my store will repeatedly call until someone responds. Like chill

Issue at our store: Our morning fitting room operator has one of those whiskey voices so it's really harsh. And she talks loud. At least it's understandable.

Another fitting room operator just has a speech issue and can't speak clearly, which makes me question why they let her be fitting room operator.

I understand what happened.. Try me to see if this sounds right. You used an authoritative clear language and she has never been talked to like that. That everyone should be speak to her as if her ears are puffy clouds? Yeah I get that all the time.. Sorry I understand how to use a radio and keep my language clear, quick and to the point. Not to clog up the channel. I want to say it once and have anyone and everyone understand it. I would love the same in return. But some people seem to think that its like a phone where you can have long explainations for everything on channel one.. Shut the fuck up!!!!
That is extremely accurate! I spoke loudly because the radio was far enough from my face that if I spoke normally, my voice probably wouldn't even had gone through. I have no idea how in the world that is considered intimidating or even offensive.

People don't seem to understand backroom doesn't just stand around waiting for calls. It could take a minute to respond... Several TMs at my store will repeatedly call until someone responds. Like chill
Exactly. We get yelled at by salesfloor members about this everyday. They call us on radio and then start yelling through it whenever we're busy. We always reapond quickly after CAF is done but during CAF hours, we always have things on our habds and we're always on ladders. Salesfloor members have gone so much as to actually hunt us down and ask us why we're not doing our jobs. It's ugly.

That is extremely accurate! I spoke loudly because the radio was far enough from my face that if I spoke normally, my voice probably wouldn't even had gone through. I have no idea how in the world that is considered intimidating or even offensive.

Today's snowflakes cower at anything loud and always take it as a personal attack.

P.S. Havok as in the metal band, Havok?

Today's snowflakes cower at anything loud and always take it as a personal attack.

P.S. Havok as in the metal band, Havok?
Yes! Great band.

I saw them play with Children of Bodom, Suicidal Tendencies, and Megadeth back in March. Was kick ass.

Off topic, sorry.
Nice dude! I got go see them too. Chris Adler was still with Megadeth at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back