Archived Yes! I got to be nasty to a caller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you know, I work for a UPS call center as a team leader in strategic (preferred customers). Whenever a call escalates to me, it's usually bad. Their preferred customers, they get our full name (only strategic customers get our full name-no other department in the call center) and if we want to keep our jobs we can NEVER be the LEAST bit nasty. Well today I was walking through a different department (tracking-regular customers; when you call 1800PICKUPS), and I saw a team member frantically waiving his hands (you raise your hand if you have a question internal resources on your computer can't handle or a supervisor call), and on his desktop notepad application, typed in it was a threat call (confidentiality kinda limits me on what was said-in fact I may be pushing the envelope already). The caller threatened to "slap the S**t out of him". Now, threat calls automatically escalate to a team leader or above. Unfortunitaly, it was NOT a threat call, because UPS outsources their call centers to a third party company called APAC (who I officially work for) if we are threatened we are not official UPS employees, therefore it is not a threat call (per UPS, who sets all quality phone guidelines). I felt SO bad for the CSR, I could hear this guy (who sounds like a girl) screaming through the headphones that were worn by the CSR. After 5 minutes, I had enough and I tapped into his line to make sure corporate was not listening, took the headphone from the CSR and the conversation went like this:

Me: This is Joshua, customer service supervisor---
Prick (the customer): WHY THE F*** DID YOU GET ON THE LINE
Me: Sir, I am going to have to ask you to keep this call professional and at an acceptable tone, otherwise I will disconnect this call (CSR's are NEVER allowed to disconnect a call) and you will not get any assistance, in addition, I want you to know I am documenting this conversation and any other representative you talk to will see said documentation and will be instructed to disconnect the call and not provide assistance (lie-I do have to document the call but unless specifically searched for it is not common knowledge)
Prick: I'M GOING TO SLAP THE S*** OUT OF YOU AND BEAT THE S*** OUT OF THE UPS DRIVER
(BINGO! Threat made against UPS employee means threat call)
*call recording starts, official threat call, I get a Team Coach to listen in-per policy*
Me: I asked him to repeat what he said, he did, and I informed him that I will be forwarding this to the operating center manager (OCM) of the UPS Customer Center the package is coming out of for a possible ban on receiving UPS packages and I will be initiating a UPS interal intercept (UII) and RTS'ing (returning to shipper) his package. In addition, this will go UPS corporate offices where a security officer will review the conversation and possibly refer it to local law enforcement for criminal action.
Prick: Omg, I'm so sorry. What can I do to get my package.
Me: You cannot, the package will be returned. As per UPS policy I am disconnecting this call now. *click*

I love revenge. Especially since I haven't been able to get any for about six months haha

B

Barcode

Seems like a lot of hoops to go through to disconnect somebody. If I had to deal with even half of that on the phone at Target I'd have hung up.

I can relate allinone. I work at a call center too, but for a different company. There are certain circumstances in which you can release a call (but those a very few exceptions to the rule). And I have had a couple people curse me out, so it does take a thick skin, but if the situation calls for it I will get stern with them, sometimes they will not hear a word you are saying. I like to to think of it as being assertive, not nasty lol

haha at least someone knows my pain! In strategic you can never ever hang up. period. I missed my target days "YOU F****** As*****" "Okay sir well you have a great day" *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.