Archived Yes man or say what's right

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got a visit today from some higher up. I did not go on the walk, it's not something I am invited to do nor am I interested.

This is what i was told happened
---Visitor went into the meat cooler and asked why some meat was still there from a 4/9 delivery? My leaders did not have an answer (this is what they told me). Then they were told by the visitor "no meat should be in there that long. After 10 days it should be gone."

I said "gone!?, meat?" Then I was told in the same conversation by another leader "meat should not be in there that long due to cross contamination" me> :huh: I asked where this rule came from and all they could say was "this is what the visitor told us and no meat should be here for more than 10 days. I then asked where that rule came from. I was told it was on the wall in the ambient room. I was then asked why the meat was here. My simple answers were "well it did not all sell, possible because of overstock, it is not 5 days from its freeze by date." "What is it over stock." they asked. I told the truth. It was because an additional case got ordered because it was not located. The cooler was red last week. I was then told again that it should not be here more than 10 days. I walked away feeling :wacko:

I went and got the poster off the ambient wall and showed my leaders that there is a 4-7 rule for PRODUCE but the only rule for meat is 5 days before the freeze by date. I know this rule I work it EVERY DAY so if I was on that walk I would have spoken up to the visitor. My CTL and my logistics ETL should know this rule but they do not so they said nothing. It made me look wrong and this visitor walked away thinking we were doing the wrong things. I am pissed that they just yes'd this visitor and I know they will not make any correction in any emails or future conversations about the visitors misunderstanding of the rules.

But hay after all this I could be totally wrong and there could be some 10 day rule for meat. Is there?

If yesterday was 4/16 how does it become 10 days since 4/9?

Lol I did not even catch that. It has only been a week!

But still there is no 10 day rule for meat is there?

I've never heard of such a thing. Meat is dated and gets TPC'd 5 days before expiration, tossed one day before expiration. As long as your meat is being backstocked correctly so fresh meat, poultry, ground beef, pre cooked, etc. is all separate, I fail to see why cross contamination would be a problem?

Sounds like that visitor didn't know what it is talking about. We were one of the first pFreshes and our ETL has been working with pFresh stores since their inception and if there was some sort of rule like that, we'd know.

ugh, it gets so annoying with ETLs going around with misinformation. just today, i had to call a tm back after i overheard an etl tell a tm how to do a certain task completely wrong. and none of them ask if they are not sure - just guess whatever and because you are the boss what you say goes. so annoying! i always have to correct them but make it seem like it was their idea and they weren't wrong to begin with. its exhausting.

ugh, it gets so annoying with ETLs going around with misinformation. just today, i had to call a tm back after i overheard an etl tell a tm how to do a certain task completely wrong. and none of them ask if they are not sure - just guess whatever and because you are the boss what you say goes. so annoying! i always have to correct them but make it seem like it was their idea and they weren't wrong to begin with. its exhausting.

And don't think they will thank you if you correct them, especially if it's in front of anyone.

That's not surprising. I saw something a while back where there was a percentage rate used to calculate how well a section of the store was doing (I'm not going to mention the section or what the rate was used for) and the math was way wrong. Whoever it was at the top of the company had come up with this formula clearly had no concept of percentages or how they work. Everyone was just plugging the numbers into in Excel chart that this person at corporate had provided and took it to be gospel. I brought it up a few times at the store level, but no one was smart enough to realize what it actually meant.

Target does not appreciate those that are able to use their brains. They want "yes men" above all else. This is a major reason why this company will be on its way out in the next decade. They will absolutely be going through what Best Buy, Kmart, and Sears are going though now. Greg is destroying it.

Every time we get a 'visit' we always end up with at least 3 new things that they want to change, that are all completely ridiculous, that last one day and than its back to normal. Our District guy lives literally down the street from our store and he constantly comes in and the disconnection with what actually goes on in the store and what works best and is best practice ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back