Archived Yet another thread regarding seasonal employment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was hired as a seasonal cashier, everything is going fine, I suppose. I aim to get at least one red card per shift, and for the most part, I achieve that. I've been able to score 3 or so a few shifts out of the four weeks I've worked at my Target. Nothing amazing, I know. But I'm asking every guest and I really am trying.

I asked HR during orientation what the chances of being hired permanently as a seasonal was, she said every year most seasonal employees stay, as long as they are on time and don't get too many NCNS.

I've been on time 99% of the time, one of two times I've been 1-2 minute late (thank you, five minute grace period.) overall, I think I'm doing just fine.

Oh, and because of a family tradiation my family does every year I requested two days off a month in advance and it got approved, will that hurt my chances of being asked to stay?

But my real question is...when will I find out if or if I'm not going to be bumped up to permanent TM? Do they notify you if they're not going to keep you past seasonal?

I'm going to be bummed if I don't get asked to stay, but I need to know so I can figure out how urgently I need to look for another job.

Sounds like you are well on your way to being permanent. Hang in there with the redcards sounds like you are doing a great job with them. One a shift is a great goal and very achievable as long as your asking every guest and that's all they can ask of you as long as you are asking your good. Yes and don't worry about asking for a few days off like retail girl said not a big deal. Don't call out and you should be good. Also ask for help if you don't understand a register function your gstl's and gsa's are there for that and would most likely like to see it done right so don't be afraid to ask if you don't know. And i can confirm you should find out come mid Jan.

Make sure your gstl knows who you are and how you've been making sure to try and achieve your redcard goals. Helps to improve the odds when you upgraded from faceless mass to a person with a name.

Asking off for a couple days will not hurt you.

Your cashier scores, attendance, performance, availability, willingness to cross train, communication with your GSTL, and store needs go into determining if you stay on or not.

You will be notified of your possible permanent hire status before your 90 days in or in January or so time when seasonal staff are no longer required.

I would go ahead and put other job applications in just in case. You don't have to accept any other job offers or attend any interviews. If you get a better job offer than Target...go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back