Archived You may be able to drink beer while shopping

Would you want this at your store?

• Yes, would take the stress out of work

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Umm, no

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • Good for the guests, bad for me

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • If this happens, I will get fired day one.

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wine-Target-Meme-w-susannah.png

Nope. Drinking beer is bad. Impairs people's judgment and people get killed or raped because of beer. Booooooooo beer.

I suspect you're being sarcastic here. I love alcohol as much as the next guy or gal but I don't support drinking while shopping. Have your drinks at the bar, restaurant or at home. I know Target sucks but it's not bad enough that you need a beer while you pick up your groceries.

No sarcasm. You would think that liberals would oppose drinking since they're always telling men not to rape women. Nothing good comes from drinking beer.

Dad will finally join mom on the shopping trip. Even if it's just to sit at the Target bar lol.

The majority of people on my mom's side of the family are alcoholics so I do have a real answer. And to anyone that says drinking is good, why not say that to my mom? Her brother died in a drunk driving accident 25 years ago. Thanks for playing. You lost and you ger nothing.

The majority of people on my mom's side of the family are alcoholics so I do have a real answer. And to anyone that says drinking is good, why not say that to my mom? Her brother died in a drunk driving accident 25 years ago. Thanks for playing. You lost and you ger nothing.
We have a choice to drink or not. You can not tell me on what I can or can't do. I am responsible drinker, though.

I think some women would disagree with that. Just think how many women wouldn't have been raped if the creeps that raped them hadn't been able to use alcohol.

They would've raped whether they were drunk or not.
People like to say they 'wouldn't have done (heinous crime) if I weren't drunk' like that gives them a pass.

A while back a guy down here got 20+ years for molesting a 12 year old girl, his step-daughter.
His defense was that he 'was drunk & didn't know' what he was doing.

I just think it's a way to make Target seem more "upscale" and shit like that but it's going to go down the opposite way.

Guess what. I too know what alcoholism is like. I have three close relatives who have practically drank themselves to death for the past few decades. My uncle is the worst offender; he had his first case of beer (not just one -- the whole case) when he was 15. He's now in his 40s and often gets completely intoxicated before noon, several days per week. My grandfather drinks whiskey where most people would drink coffee to wake themselves up at 6am. So don't tell me I don't know what alcoholism is like, Jack. Fearmongering about it is NOT the answer. If anything, it's important to learn how to manage alcohol ("drink responsibly") so you don't fall into those same traps and become an alcoholic yourself. For me, I can easily enjoy a beer or a martini and stop without having more. I probably have 2 or 3 drinks a month. I can control it and I think there's a HUGE difference between that and getting zonked every day.

What I want to know is, why does everything have to be so black and white with you?

I get zonked every day.

Go figure...

I guess I'm good @ zonking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back