Your store pushing loyalty Lately?

Y'all.. you are overcomplicating it. Just say "do you want to put your phone number on the screen?" And they instantly understand it's a loyalty program. It works 90% of the time. Just use this prompt for one day and you will never go back to whatever else you were saying.

“Do you have the Target app on your phone? I can scan it if you do!”

> no
“Okay, no problem. There’s a question on the screen I need you to answer about our rewards program.”
>>>> if they ask about it like “what is it?” then I explain and name it. I mean “Circle” sounds like a cult already so I try to only say what it’s called if they wanna join the cult ahem I mean Circle.

> yes
“Awesome! I’ll scan it! Click Wallet down in the middle down there.”

/end Circle convo.

yes if people aren't putting in their phone number you should be explaining the benefits. as long as the % is getting hit that's all that should matter

Lol just upsell it and accelerate the collapse of globalized industrial society

look seriously though it isn't that hard to ask. I do it automatically

"do you have target circle with us?"

>Yes

"great, go ahead and let me scan your app or enter your phone number"

>no

"Okay, can you hit the skip button on the screen?"

why are you people so bad at social interaction

Lol just upsell it and accelerate the collapse of globalized industrial society

look seriously though it isn't that hard to ask. I do it automatically

"do you have target circle with us?"

>Yes

"great, go ahead and let me scan your app or enter your phone number"

>no

"Okay, can you hit the skip button on the screen?"

why are you people so bad at social interaction
I love you, Fellow based anon

Before the latest sco update, I went to a Target that made the sco tm put up the screen that you put in the phone number. The only way to get rid of it was to know how to get out of it. I thought it was smart

getting guests to put in their phone number for the sake of entering in a phone number is wrong. the goal with loyalty is to get guests engaged with circle and then later redcard. having the guest enter in a phone number without explaining the benefits doesn't get the guest engaged in the program.

I always show guests how to use circle they ask me how to use wallet how to add circle deals I even show them exactly where they can scan barcodes or how to scan their gift cards to to add as a payment. I have never been recognized for this apparently I take too long with guest service as they just want the truck pushed and to get whatever task is due to get done that day ignoring that the traffic is high with guests and impossible. So I do say if you have target circle put your number in or just hit skip sometimes they have their phone out and I say oh do you want me to scan your barcode? Or I skip for them if they obviously don’t. If they ask I take the time to explain the benefits. I usually get people put their phone number and ask if it went through. I say the system doesn’t tell me if you have it or not BUT if you don’t have it you will receive a text to download the app. Any further questions I take the time to explain but management doesn’t want that guest service they want numbers and merch on the shelves.

I’m up there as a relief cashier. I’m not going to spend three minutes upselling Target Circle with the hard of hearing guy in an electric cart buying alcohol.
I tap the screen and ask if they have a phone number with us and if not to just hit skip.
The rich people here are too rich to care about saving money and the poor people don’t make enough money to take advantage of sales.

I literally just say if you have a phone number with us go ahead and enter if not please hit skip there. I dont have time for these games

This reminds me of John Pinette when the cashier asks if she could have his name and phone number he says, "No. You can have $49 and I will take this toaster." The cashier tells him "we really do want you in our system" He replies "But I am not adopting the toaster. Is this like a foster toaster program? I didn't see any signs."... "Remember when you could buy stuff and walk out the door? I tell my nieces and nephews that. They don't believe me! 'Oh, Uncle John you tell funny stories to make people laugh.'"...

starts at 14:07

Last edited:
Back