Archived Your stores breakroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our garbage is always overflowing. And in the mornings, it's always a DISASTER. Half eaten food and garbage left all over the place. But around noon and after whenever I go in it's always clean

Just to be clear. I absolutely hate the pb&j thing. I don't know where this came from and who thought it up but it needs to stop. It's apparently completely impossible to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without leaving crumbs and jelly and peanut butter all over the goddamn tables.

I don't know what it is about the breakroom but people get it in their heads "I don't have to clean this" so they decide it's okay to be as messy and disgusting as possible. The hell is wrong with people.

Just to be clear. I absolutely hate the pb&j thing. I don't know where this came from and who thought it up but it needs to stop. It's apparently completely impossible to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without leaving crumbs and jelly and peanut butter all over the goddamn tables.

I don't know what it is about the breakroom but people get it in their heads "I don't have to clean this" so they decide it's okay to be as messy and disgusting as possible. The hell is wrong with people.
at least get us a butter knife, those plastic knifes don't get any peanut butter out just peanut butter all over your hand .

EDIT or give us this please !!

A special knife to get ALL of the peanut butter out of the jar ...

wKPEpgj.jpg

Ours was always pretty good thanks to the HR TM. My current break room is "cleaned" after every break. Acceptable enough

I can't speak for the department break rooms as I do not journey into them

Do most stores regularly have pb&j/ sandwich makings? We don't..

We have it at least twice a month on the calendar. Dry@!×market panty bread... LOL

Last edited:
I feel like I have to wipe down the table every time I go to sit at one. They're always covered in just crumbs and splatters from other people's meals. Luckily they give us bleach wipes at least. Woo.

How well kept is your stores breakroom? Ours looks great throughout the day but looks like a tornado hit after flow leaves in the morning.

They literally leave plates of food when we buy them food like this past busy weekend. Its starting to get to me.

Same here and it's on me to keep it clean :mad:

Last edited:
Ours stays somewhat clean. The tables do get a lil nasty from time to time. When they put the plastic table clothes on for some reason it seems to get worse. Our hr tm ( will mention again how awesome she is ) keeps the breakroom stocked in pband j, bread. Keeps all kinds of K cups for the Keurig machine. WHEN, we have extra food and or snacks in the breakroom the flow team does tend to get messy and a bit piggish. Lets say they bring in an assortment of biscuits for breakfast for the team...they will leave a note and say one per tm until everyone has had one...then if there are any left you can have another. You will see some team members get two or three, stash them in their locker and fridge etc. Then the food runs out and not everyone was able to get any. Its like being in middle school all over again.

Lol I threw away our Pfresh assistants moldy spaghetti and about an hour later he knocks on ETL HRs door asking why we threw his food and cheap "up and up" tupperware away.

She had my back and was like, "Because you left it there for weeks and it was molding.."

He is silent then starts grumbling to himself while he slowly walks out of her office. Lol and to think this guy is in charge of our produce and qmos.

I do the same, if the container grows mold inside I toss it! Gross! My HR ETL has my back, he hates it when people let their food mold away.

We do quite often but I am amazed by how fast we got through the bread and P&J. It's also a little irritating when the TM expects the break room to be fully stocked with bread and P&J stuff at all times and come to my office and whine that we are out. Hey LUR when are you getting more bread, Peanut Butter and Jelly? Well TM I am working on payroll right now, so it won't be right now. TM complains to let me know that his break will be over in 10 minutes and thinks I will get up and run and get him PB&J fixings :mad:

My previous store provided it all 4th quarter long, but my current store never has. They seem to favor food days with stuff you have to grill or microwave, which means you spend all break/lunch lined up and then cooking it.

My biggest pet peeve is people pouring the remains of their Ramen cups or soup in the sink. KIDS! We dont have a garbage disposal, so someone else has to scoop your nasty noodles out of the sink. Hate when people take break in the offices. I come in to work, and people are lounging at work centers. Please dont make me have to ask you to leave.

My breakroom is actually kept pretty clean. I mean, there's crumbs and stuff all over but that's really all.

It's well kept, people do take care of themselves and throw their trash away. Sometimes it's messy if the ETLs and stuff are doing a cookout and bringing food over.

It's fairly well kept. Crumbs don't always get swept off the table but people clean up after themselves for the most part. Unless there's catering. I was really disappointed this year after we got Jimmy John's and multiple trays of sandwiches went to waste because no one put them back in the fridge after taking them out. My mid/close shift after opening black friday, I think I saw 4 barely touched trays sitting out when there was plenty of room in the fridge.

The DC I work at raves about food events. "Oh, they happen all the time. We love our food events"

Oh, well, no they don't. Less often than at the store! Lol

Ours is usually pretty all right. We've been blessed with a competent cleaning crew for the last couple years, and our HR is reliable in stocking it w/ cereal or PB&J, etc

And for as many messy flow children we have, there's at least another TM willing to wipe down a table or toss some trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back