Archived Your stores breakroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
How well kept is your stores breakroom? Ours looks great throughout the day but looks like a tornado hit after flow leaves in the morning.

They literally leave plates of food when we buy them food like this past busy weekend. Its starting to get to me.

Simple
keep-housekeeping-area-clean-sign-s-2344.png

Garbage left on the tables. People leaving fridge/freezer doors open. Old food left in the fridge forever until the HRTM eventually gets a chance to clean them out. Sometimes it's rare to find soap in the dispenser.

Oh, and certain tm's hide the free food when we have it.. in cabinets, lockers, etc.

We have some of the same issues... one that really gets to me is that they never put the milk back in the fridge. I suppose it's "someone else's" job... ><

It's kept clean and tidy for the most part. Only annoying part is we used to have 5 microwaves...well 3 have since broke and now with there only be two...and everyone using them...lucky if I get to relax for 5 minutes before my break is over because I have to stand on line the whole break

Utensils are hard to keep fully stocked for usage of everyone, but besides that, we keep it pretty clear of clutter.

It's pretty decent, but could use a consistent wipe down of the tables. The cleaning crew does a great job of emptying the trash and mopping the floor every day. They don't wipe down the tables very often (I'm not even sure if that's their job). And the fridges/freezers rarely get cleaned out, but when they do it ALL gets thrown away, so there's usually space in there.

Thanks guys, I clean it and most of the team appreciates it but flow just doesnt seem to care. I will talk to their ETL. One of them spilled an energy drink in TSC and one of my ETLs freaked out for them taking their lunch where they shouldnt. They now are required to eat in the breakroom (keeps the mess in one place I suppose)

Oh, and certain tm's hide the free food when we have it.. in cabinets, lockers, etc

Lol yeah, use to be there would be left over food from overnight. Now when I come in in the morning flow team members are taking 12 packs of Pepsi out the breakroom.

Last edited:
They don't wipe down the tables very often (I'm not even sure if that's their job). And the fridges/freezers rarely get cleaned out, but when they do it ALL gets thrown away, so there's usually space in there.

Lol I threw away our Pfresh assistants moldy spaghetti and about an hour later he knocks on ETL HRs door asking why we threw his food and cheap "up and up" tupperware away.

She had my back and was like, "Because you left it there for weeks and it was molding.."

He is silent then starts grumbling to himself while he slowly walks out of her office. Lol and to think this guy is in charge of our produce and qmos.

Well the tables get wiped down every night now by closing cafe tm bc they added 15 min to our shift. we are to go back there and straighten up the tables/wipe them down. i also push the chairs in and depending on my night try to do the sink area but i close cafe maybe 1x a week

Our HR is really strict about the fridge. We have day of week stickers and you better date your food. Any food left over three days - trash. Not labeled - trash. Open drinks, soda cans, sbux - trash. Freezer she gives a week - cause frozen.

You get your lunch tossed in the trash a few times you tend to clean up your act.

I guess ours is pretty clean even after flow. Occasionally some left over trash but we have a huge problem with people leaving expired food in the fridge. I worked at a job where people didn't even throw away their trash. They would eat at McDonalds and just leave their bag there. I got to the point where if I knew it was yours id call out on it. " Was there a trash can fire is that why you couldn't throw it away"

Our break room is cleaned during the flow shift. We walk into disasters all the time, by the time the closers leave the garbage cans are overflowing. It sucks, our cleaning crew doesn't do all that much cleaning back there. In fact they shit up the place more than we do sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back