Archived Zebras dropping calls while on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a problem for anyone else? Is there a fix or a way to avoid it? Pretty much anytime I have someone on hold for more than 4 minutes the call drops. It's getting really annoying for everyone involved - especially our guests, who are convinced that we're deliberately hanging up on them.

Does anyone have their phones set-up to go directly to a specific department i.e. electronics? If so how does one specify which extension. Our guest are getting irritated because they are calling electronics and no one is answering.

Does anyone have their phones set-up to go directly to a specific department i.e. electronics? If so how does one specify which extension. Our guest are getting irritated because they are calling electronics and no one is answering.
We still have a landline in electronics. That's how we answer our calls.

We still have a landline in electronics. That's how we answer our calls.
I should state when a guest calls and pushes whatever number for electronics it rings directly on our line. If we don't answer it goes to the main system eventually. Our phone didn't work for about 4 years and it was bliss. It's only been fixed about 5 months now.

It's the same reason the network drops out when using the Zebra. The wifi isn't capable of handling the demand placed on it.

You're lucky if you get any wifi in the break room at my store. The zebra won't connect and neither will my phone

I hate being on the phone with a guest or CSC and the Zebra decides to make this weird dinging (like a bell/gong sound, not like the chime for when a new pick for OPU hits or goal time approaching, etc.) but shows no notification and the call is abruptly placed on hold.
I have to ask the caller to repeat themselves.

You can set the Zebras up for a specific department?

Evidently. There is a menu that list departments when you call the store but when guest select a specific area phone just rings and rings on their end.

On our Zebras when you hit ‘sign it’ it asks you what are you want to be in.
Unfortunately, mine doesn't do that. So I have to answer every call that comes in.

Do you know how many times I have to hear: "I pressed for Guest Services! WHAT DEPARTMENT IS THIS?!!"

I hate being on the phone with a guest or CSC and the Zebra decides to make this weird dinging (like a bell/gong sound, not like the chime for when a new pick for OPU hits or goal time approaching, etc.) but shows no notification and the call is abruptly placed on hold.
I have to ask the caller to repeat themselves.
That's from myGO.

That's from myGO.
Well, then, I can't wait for that app to die a horrible death for all the times it's made ask guests to start their sentences over.

Although I'm going to miss the functionality of looking at orders from another store. The new Pickup app only lets you see the orders locally. :(

Well, then, I can't wait for that app to die a horrible death for all the times it's made ask guests to start their sentences over.

Although I'm going to miss the functionality of looking at orders from another store. The new Pickup app only lets you see the orders locally. :(

I hope they leave MyGO intact. There's so much useful information in there.

@Amanda Cantwell said it was going the same way as POS 1.0. But I agree. It generates receipt barcodes and VCDs for previous orders, you can see stuff from other stores, it's literally amazing.

It's gonna be another MyWork 2.0, I bet.

@Amanda Cantwell said it was going the same way as POS 1.0. But I agree. It generates receipt barcodes and VCDs for previous orders, you can see stuff from other stores, it's literally amazing.

It's gonna be another MyWork 2.0, I bet.
mygo is getting axed BUT pickup is getting all those features in the next week or two (past orders, receipt barcodes, VCDs, advanced search other stores)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back