Archived zip tv delivery problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm just trying to get some feedback from tm's who have dealt with selling our tv delvery/install plans in electronics. I had a guest who I had sold one to come into the store today and say that Zip gave him a delivery/install date of 2 weeks ago and then thy canceled his appointment because they were unable to find someone to install his tv, so he tried to reschedule then and was unable to get a new appt schedule due to lack of installers in the local area of our store. I am done trying to sell these plans because I am letting my guests down every time this happens, its happened twice now. Anyone else have a similar experience with Zip?

I don't even bother trying to sell those plans unless the guest decides that they want it.

If people are going for wall mounts, I usually tell the guest contact an electrician or interior designer considering they have to makes holes in the wall for the mounts and cables. It might cost more than Zip but at least an electrician will (hopefully) know what is going on.

we have only had 3-4 here, most take forever and the guest is always pissed. Had some 50inch vizio that came with free zip install, they told her a date which was only a few days aways. Took them over a month to come get it, no idea why the lady didnt just come get the TV, but she kept calling us and there was really nothing we could do except call the zip people who really didnt care

I don't even mention ZIP, unless they're interested in the 70" TV.

I don't think anyone at my store tries to sell the ZIP service anymore either. I have heard nothing but bad reveiws.

After a 2nd bad experience I too think I will have to be done selling these plans unless the guest is ademant about getting the tv delivered or installed. Zip just seems like a really poorly run company with employees who don't care when someone isn't getting what they paid for.

I only tell the guests about the Zip if they are wall mounting it and it is a large TV. Those idiots are either too incompetent or lazy find the houses around here (there is literally a house every mile with it's own street that are on GPS systems). I'm thinking it's laziness because if you sell an expensive plan then suddenly every thing they do is like magic.

I had a guest who I had sold one to come into the store today and say that Zip gave him a delivery/install date of 2 weeks ago and then thy canceled his appointment because they were unable to find someone to install his tv, so he tried to reschedule then and was unable to get a new appt schedule due to lack of installers in the local area of our store.

This is EXACTLY what happened to us a couple weeks ago! So I guess it's not just me then. We RARELY sell ZIP plans, maybe about once a year and mostly when it's elderly people who don't want to have to deal with hauling and hookup. This is the first time we have run into this problem though. Anyways in our case the LOD that night ended up calling ZIP and chewed them out because the guest was PO'd! Dunno if the guest got the TV then or not, but after that we were told by the execs not to push ZIP anymore because they make OUR store look bad, and I agree.

This is EXACTLY what happened to us a couple weeks ago! So I guess it's not just me then. We RARELY sell ZIP plans, maybe about once a year and mostly when it's elderly people who don't want to have to deal with hauling and hookup. This is the first time we have run into this problem though. Anyways in our case the LOD that night ended up calling ZIP and chewed them out because the guest was PO'd! Dunno if the guest got the TV then or not, but after that we were told by the execs not to push ZIP anymore because they make OUR store look bad, and I agree.

For sure!! I told our STL that this just makes us look like idiots and that I for one was actually a little embarassed to have those plans hanging on my hooks back in electronics. I told her that I can't endorse something that has blown up so badly the 2 times we have sold ZIP plans because I do care about guest satisfaction and I want people to know I'm gonna give it to them straight when they deal with me in electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back