Archived Zoning Speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's because they are two different things. One has an end goal, a standard of purpose, the other is what I do to flat surfaces in my home.

Edit: And a public place should not look like my home.

At my store they would like the zone to be kept to 20 - 30 minutes for DBO's but honestly some times it takes me an hour. They dont really care though, as long as everything looks good.

Well that's because they are two different things. One has an end goal, a standard of purpose, the other is what I do to flat surfaces in my home.

Edit: And a public place should not look like my home.
It is not possible to achieve a perfect zone every day - we just dont have the time or the manpower.

I and others I know that talk about this were bothered by this long before we worked retail. And it's a mental irritant in other places too. I strongly exaggerate on my resume and say I'm detail oriented but the truth is I see the flaws in the patterns of workplace practices, just like everyone else does, but I take the time to investigate the flaw instead of ignoring it, and nearly always it's something that has gone wrong and needs fixing.

People see, people notice, people are irritated by oddities and flaws in patterning. And that's why I can't see how a "quick" zone can be done. It's either done to completion or it's not a zone at all, just a few collections in a sea of chaos.

People might notice, but the purpose of the zone is NOT to be perfect, it is to be acceptable to your leader. What's acceptable is the 5 minute a valley zone. I don't have payroll for a perfect zone and no one expects a perfect zone. You spend less time zoning the fuller the store is, so we spend our time filling.

and no one expects a perfect zone.
Until they walk your zone and point out all the minor things you missed!

Tu6EyO7.jpg

"LOD! I'm ready for you to walk!"

Last edited:
I Just don't know What Else To do the Uboats are so Dis organized an the Market Team Leader wants them Done In an Hour an Hour at My Last Job It would take Me Less Then an Hour to get it done this Guy want everything done in the snap of a finger
I Really Wanna Switch I don't wanna Work with him anymore he's also Kinda arrogant and rude

If punctuation and capitalization are so bad that it slows down reading speed while trying to understand it, then it should be fixed to be easy to read. Easy to read will get you more helpful responses.

I’m glad I’m not the grammar police anymore. That was part of my job before Spot, more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back