OPU speed

DBZ

They are having me do OPUs more. I made my closing TL teach me about a year ago. Since then I've pulled batches here and there, slowly building up how often, but now I am doing them daily. It's almost like I'm scheduled for them without being scheduled for them. Now, I'm becoming aware of my speed and INF rate. Yikes! The other person from the front end was kicking my ass and I won't be having that. Give me tips, please.

1.You dont need to walk super fast but a solid pace is good.
2.Make sure you are reading the location for the item and not going by the picture
The picture is a nice tool to have but it is slower if thats all you are using to locate am item. (Scan the item in the location even if the picture is different as labels and bottles change frequently and the picture is not always accurate.
3. If the item is not in its location do a quick sweep of the area amd double check, but move on quickly dont spend an abundant amount of time looking for any single item. If at the end of my batch i have a lot of items i couldn't find i will then triple check to make sure i didnt just miss it and probably ask someone in that area or the lead in charge of sfs as they may have had someone ask about it already.

If it's not in the location ask the DBO or the TM working the area if the item is flexed anywhere else.

When TM's flex they don't always locate the item and unless you ask there is a good chance you'll never find it. Vendors flex too, which is a PITA, so always get with consumables when you're looking for grocery items & they're not in location. We have Doritos in at least 4 locations and they're only tied to 1 of them.

Back