Archived “Ownership” with only 18.75 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
a
our store got rid of the swap shift board. Probably another victim of the hour slashing. If a shift is unfilled the ETL quietly is jumping for joy because her payroll is good. She can get any old joe to do a half ass job in the area I'm supposed to be owning even when I'm not there most of the time.

Truth. I never see the SD or etls so happy as to have people call off and save hours. They're happier to cut hours than make sales.

If you are good at finding unlocated product in the back, volunteer for flex if you want hours. Big part of the job.
Oh, I wouldn't say I'm good at finding unlocated product in the back - I have found something when I knew exactly what the packaging looked like, but this other stuff I found recently was accidental. One of those "what is that doing here?" things. Or two in this case, two different varieties of the same product line in different waco bins.
When I have jumped into a flex order, it almost always has a bunch of soft lines stuff in it and that's just crazy-making to find.

I never see the SD or etls so happy as to have people call off and save hours. They're happier to cut hours than make sales.
Maybe this is what's going on at my store? Today, I heard 5 people called off. (We're a low-volume store, so it's not like we have scads of TMs scheduled for any one day, especially if we don't have a truck that day.) Not sure how many called off yesterday, but it was quite a few then too.

I never got fulltime to begin with so I thought I couldn't get UE. Right now I'm at 20 hours a week. Until next week
Check your state's department of labor for the state's rules regarding partial unemployment (This is what it's called when your hours are significantly reduced.)

wow you guys get worksheets?
They put timers on our U-boats.
They also seldom answer the phone at our store so, if a TM tried to call out, they'd be marked as a NCNS.
The TM then has to bring up their call log on their phone showing multiple attempts to call the store before getting the NCNS taken off.

Last edited:
They also seldom answer the phone at our store so, if a TM tried to call out, they'd be marked as a NCNS.
The TM then has to bring up their call log on their phone showing multiple attempts to call the store before getting the NCNS taken off.

They tried writing down times on our Uboats. That didn't last long because we never met the goals

Its dumb, yes. Some of my people only get 10hrs/wk. Other days it is dif dept pushing their stuff and me doing the SPL LOL

Years ago when I started at Target, there was an overnight crew who pushed freight onto the floor. Sometimes they didn't zone well, because they were being hurried to get it out, get it out, get it out. But at least the merchandise was on the floor, which is better than it is now with the 8 am crew having to deal with tons of freight and go backs that were done the night before, and zone and cashier and push more freight. One day all of the soft lines tm were so overwhelmed with projects, that none of us had taken our lunch when we normally would have, and we had to all leave the floor at the same time not to go into compliance. I often wonder if some of my fellow tm are taking their required breaks, for fear of not getting work done. Ever since a TL tried to tell me that the 15 minute break is a privilege given to us, I always take my breaks, no matter what.
That TL is not just wrong but a liability! Wage and Hour laws are important, and breaks are spelled out.

That TL is not just wrong but a liability! Wage and Hour laws are important, and breaks are spelled out.

Yeah I do. And I know we have people skipping breaks and I bust their ass for that shit, you know you are 1) giving your time away for free. 2) making it look like more gets done in less hours so the demand gets even worse. 3) thanks for fucking over everyone else in the store. 4)Yeah I will drop that nugget on to an ETL who hates you and will have no issue writing up a CCA for that BS.

Don't skip your breaks and lunches kids..

Yeah I do. And I know we have people skipping breaks and I bust their ass for that shit, you know you are 1) giving your time away for free. 2) making it look like more gets done in less hours so the demand gets even worse. 3) thanks for fucking over everyone else in the store. 4)Yeah I will drop that nugget on to an ETL who hates you and will have no issue writing up a CCA for that BS.

But ... but ... who will do all the work we have no hours for? Target us poor and needs my help. Maybe I can come in on my day off and work for free. Maybe Brian will appreciate that.

People that work at Target for free are beyond delusional.

Rough stuff. Another example of no matter which choice you make or which choice is made for you, you're going to get in trouble. Target really has turned into survival of the fittest.

Rough stuff. Another example of no matter which choice you make or which choice is made for you, you're going to get in trouble. Target really has turned into survival of the fittest.

Yes, it was that shit that got this incredibly stupid workload. I will skip my break so that this gets done does more damage than it not getting done. See items 2 and 3.

a

Truth. I never see the SD or etls so happy as to have people call off and save hours. They're happier to cut hours than make sales.
Is it true the salaried positions get bonuses, so cutting payroll is one way they aquire big bonuses?

Check your state's department of labor for the state's rules regarding partial unemployment (This is what it's called when your hours are significantly reduced.)
I know of a TM who was hurt on the job, now on WC and their hours went from 25-32 a week too 40 a week!! Other TM were getting angry not understanding why they were now getting 40hrs a week while their hours were much less. HR mgr explained to WC TM that WC hours don't affect regular payroll hours. Anyone heard of this?

Same thing happens at our store all the time. I've seen TM logged into the phone system and reject the calls coming into the store! Caller ID showing TM name yet being rejected or worse they answer the call and never transfer or page for LOD. NOW THIS new phone system where each department answers their own calls is an absolute joke. Frontend Lead turns off the ringer Everytime she works. Saying she doesn't have time to stop and answer no phones! Therefore, my department is getting calls for all over the store. I use to think Target was a classier store that treated their employees well... NOT ANYMORE! Even the guest are noticing and often making negative comments. No one wants to maneuver around U boats and 3 tiers while they're trying to shop!

Same thing happens at our store all the time. I've seen TM logged into the phone system and reject the calls coming into the store! Caller ID showing TM name yet being rejected or worse they answer the call and never transfer or page for LOD. NOW THIS new phone system where each department answers their own calls is an absolute joke. Frontend Lead turns off the ringer Everytime she works. Saying she doesn't have time to stop and answer no phones! Therefore, my department is getting calls for all over the store. I use to think Target was a classier store that treated their employees well... NOT ANYMORE! Even the guest are noticing and often making negative comments. No one wants to maneuver around U boats and 3 tiers while they're trying to shop!

I'm sure they'll like it even less when we're on the phone app helping grandma find those socks for grandpa, or mom wants us to look all over the store/backroom for that one kind of formula all the time (can you tell I'm never in the same department twice?) Mark my words, a Karen is going to see a TM on the phone with another guest, assume we are talking to our friends, rip us a new asshole, and make everything worse. More departures en masse

Last edited:
Trying to do all this while getting the ETL to respond to find me a MyDevice is also a chore...
Seriously, what happened to all the my devices? Products is being stocked in places it doesn't belong because they just have to guess the location without having a my devise. It's not an impossible fix. Actually follow and stick to a sign in/out routine with accountability. I see TL's taking 3 plus so their TM will have one when they come in. Pretty said when I have to ask over the walkie if there's a TM near by with a zebra, so I can help a guest locate a product. Yes, I could possibly use my phone, BUT it's not permitted out while on the floor AND unless Target wants to pay my phone bill I won't be using it to help guest.
Carmela's song...Something's gotta give, something's gotta break. But all I do is Give and all you do is take..
My niece gave me a t-shirt with this on it and yes it's red and I wear it proud. I have other TM's asking if she'll make one for them 🤣

Yes, it was that shit that got this incredibly stupid workload. I will skip my break so that this gets done does more damage than it not getting done. See items 2 and 3.
But survival of the fittest. The workload will be insane either way. Help others by reducing amount of work done for others through taking a break? Or help yourself by avoiding the write up for not finishing enough work?

I know of a TM who was hurt on the job, now on WC and their hours went from 25-32 a week too 40 a week!! Other TM were getting angry not understanding why they were now getting 40hrs a week while their hours were much less. HR mgr explained to WC TM that WC hours don't affect regular payroll hours. Anyone heard of this?
WC (Return To Work is what it’s called when they’re injured but we’re making accommodations and working them) does get billed out, it does not affect a store’s payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back