Archived 10 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been with Target 10 years last month, and nothing. Not even a mention. I read here that 10 yrs get a gift card and a card but me nothing? I had a card and gift for 5 yrs. What should I do? As you can tell I am not one to stand up for myself.

I'd ask your HR about it. Don't be afraid to sound greedy, either. You deserve the $100 or whatever it is they give you. If you can't stand up for yourself, no one else will, so you have to. It's a tough world out there, it's survival of the fittest, and having a backbone is a pretty good skill to have. You don't even have to word it like "I've been here for 10 years where's my giftcard?" you can be like "Hey, HRTM, what can you tell me about anniversary rewards and giftcards??"

I had 15 years last year and it took them 2 months after to get the leads to sign it because it was 4th quarter even though my anniversary is very early in November and I knew it was sent before the craziness. It was pretty much handed to me afterwards like it was nothing.

I think it is a $150 gift card for 20 years. If I remember right, it is $50 for 10 years, then add $50 for each 5 years up to 30 ($100 for 15 years, $200 for 25, etc). After 30, who knows...

It will now go on our checks. Still a card, I think.

When I reached 10 years with Target it took HR over 2 months after my anniversary to mail it to my house. It was a card with a gift card inside It showed in EHR as a service award and was a check with no payout so taxes could be paid.
When I got my 5 year notice every ETL signed the card. When I got my 10 year card the store leadership couldn't be bothered to sign it. Signing the card is a small thing but I think it would show that they acknowledge you as a team member. The sad thing is I wasn't surprised by the lack of effort.

I just looked at workday and it says I have 50$ coming for 10 years but doesn't specify if it's a gift card or what. I haven't seen anything in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back