Store closing at 10 but TMs working until 11

You mean any employees closing on a given night, or all of them? Surely there must be some TMs in your store who leave right after closing?

My store closes at 10 - tonight I punched out at 10:04. Usually I stay a bit later but it was pretty slow.
Only if they're minors. Now I can't speak for my Target store because I'm the Receiver and don't close anymore. But every other company, yeah... of course we were scheduled for it as well. No wonder our store looks like shit in the morning....

I thought this was standard? I am regularly scheduled past store close to finish up priority pulls, zone, and get whatever else done that wasn't finished

Are the stores staying open for the guests until 11 starting in November?

Our store tried to schedule TMs to work until 11 for Circle Week and hardly anyone did it.

Last edited:
Are the stores staying open for the guests until 11 starting in November?

Our store tried to schedule TMs to work until 11 for Circle Week and hardly anyone did it.
We're not. Same as every year, open till Midnight in December, but no changes in November.

Some people are staying till 11, but it's just to get caught up on tasks.

Our store has been open until 11pm for about a month now, open at 7am. Word on the grapevine is that it was for high volume stores only. Midnight close starts early December IIRC.

We're not. Same as every year, open till Midnight in December, but no changes in November.

Some people are staying till 11, but it's just to get caught up on tasks.
I did look at our store and we are still closing at 10 up until Thanksgiving then Midnight afterwards.

It didn't say and exact time we close on Christmas Eve either 8 or 9.

It doesn't matter to me because I will be calling off anyway.

I did look at our store and we are still closing at 10 up until Thanksgiving then Midnight afterwards.

It didn't say and exact time we close on Christmas Eve either 8 or 9.

It doesn't matter to me because I will be calling off anyway.
How about instead of calling off request the day off or least talk to your ETL it might be possible to get the day off.

How about instead of calling off request the day off or least talk to your ETL it might be possible to get the day off.
In my department I am the only one who works after 2:00 on Sundays.

The two newest TMs in department are unavailable on Sundays which is interesting because they should both be fired IMHO.

Also since we are closed on Christmas and I don't work Tuesdays so if I get Sunday off they will schedule on Tuesday regardless of my availability.

Last edited:
In my department I am the only one who works after 2:00 on Sundays.

The two newest TMs in department are unavailable on Sundays which is interesting because they should both be fired IMHO.

Also since we are closed on Christmas and I don't work Tuesdays so if I get Sunday off they will schedule on Tuesday regardless of my availability.
If your planning on calling out it doesn’t matter if someone else is available to work Sunday. Hey there might be a seasonal team member who could work it. You could ask for Sunday Monday and Tuesday, someone at my store last year got the whole week of Christmas off I was shocked. Sounds like your not even willing to try. I personally would only call off as a last resort.

If your planning on calling out it doesn’t matter if someone else is available to work Sunday. Hey there might be a seasonal team member who could work it. You could ask for Sunday Monday and Tuesday, someone at my store last year got the whole week of Christmas off I was shocked. Sounds like your not even willing to try. I personally would only call off as a last resort.
I think I will ask for the Sunday (12/24) off but like I mentioned I believe they will try to schedule me on the day I am not available which is always Tuesday.

They have done it in the past.

Back