$1.00 extra from 10/22/2023 to 01/06/2024

That is so weird. It is not brand at all, and why on earth is it posted on the front door? Yes I can see trying to appeal to prospective seasonal hires but still, that’s just the weirdest damn thing

As a wage earner of 20 years, I can understand the appeal of $1 extra per hour. Does the core audience of this campaign get it though? Unclear.

Isn't this just for overnight? At least, that's what a paper by the timeclock at my store said.

The vintage font raises some questions, such as, is that $1 one of them olde tymey vintage “pay to the bearer on demand” dollars that could buy eight sacks of groceries or 20 gallons of premium Ethyl™ or 100 tickets to the drive-in cineplex, or is it one of the newfangled single-ply funny dollars that you have to painstakingly collect one at a time until you’ve got enough stacked on a pallet to go shopping with? The possibility that Mr. Cornell might have a shiny stack of 1880 Morgan dollars waiting for me MIGHT just tempt me to reapply

No signage like this at my store, although the opening crew does tell me that they make $1 extra from 5 a.m. until either 7 a.m. or 8 a.m.

Haven't seen similar signage at my store or heard anything about premium pay for any shifts even though early morning would affect me. Is this company-wide or just in certain areas?

Haven't seen similar signage at my store or heard anything about premium pay for any shifts even though early morning would affect me. Is this company-wide or just in certain areas?
The $3 is from when we used to be overnight. I don't think everyone gets it. Just those of us who used to be overnight. But I could be wrong. Plus the overnight differential varies from store to store. I've heard some stores only get 50 cents.

Back