Archived $15/hour by 12/31/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being paid less that 2% over the current minimum of $12/hour. Target is still saying that everyone will be at $15 by the end of 2020.

I'm not complaining about my wage, vis-a-vis the legal minimum wage, but the fact that they pay the least skilled, and least productive TMs, including new hires, almost as much as they pay me. I have years of experience in retail, and at least 4 of those are on Planogram, where I've always gotten great evaluations. I'm damned good at POG, and fast at Price Accuracy and Flexible. They used to pay a premium for Presentation TMs, and for bike builders, which I can also do. My issue is that they don't pay me based on skills or productivity.

I'm not complaining about my wage, vis-a-vis the legal minimum wage, but the fact that they pay the least skilled, and least productive TMs, including new hires, almost as much as they pay me. I have years of experience in retail, and at least 4 of those are on Planogram, where I've always gotten great evaluations. I'm damned good at POG, and fast at Price Accuracy and Flexible. W They used to pay a premium for Presentation TMs, and for bike builders, which I can also do. My issue is that they don't pay me based on skills or productivity.
You get more hours than those slackers and newbies

Can’t wait till May! Till then, I’m quite a happy camper.... I haven’t forgotten my 40 hr weeks at 7.50/hour, it wasn’t that long ago, and boy did that suck ass!!

13 dollars in May

Do I get a merit increase on top of that???????????
Usually not. They do a merit increase with you current salary and if that still puts you below $13 they will up you to $13 and say "Congratulations you will be making $13 and that is an 8.3% increase over your previous pay rate."

I think some stores don't do it that way but the majority do not increase on top of the minimum increase.

Whine, whine, whine. I'm making more money, but I'm not happy because I'm a narcissistic twit who thinks that something I do in retail is actually complicated and not as simple as reading a fucking diagram. It's soooo not fair that I make more money for doing the same simple shit I was doing before if other people make the same as me. Cry more while contemplating your increased pay.

Yeah, the unfortunate part is the company is already doing everything they can to get the store running with less staff to compensate for pay increases.

I'm sure there's research that tells them exactly how empty the shelves can be before customers get pissed off.
Meanwhile, I haven't been able to buy toilet paper, cat litter, tin foil, diapers or frozen chicken for about 6 weeks without going to the grocer after work.

I'm not complaining about my wage, vis-a-vis the legal minimum wage, but the fact that they pay the least skilled, and least productive TMs, including new hires, almost as much as they pay me. I have years of experience in retail, and at least 4 of those are on Planogram, where I've always gotten great evaluations. I'm damned good at POG, and fast at Price Accuracy and Flexible. They used to pay a premium for Presentation TMs, and for bike builders, which I can also do. My issue is that they don't pay me based on skills or productivity.

GSAs get 12 an hour, we all got issues bro

Uh idk about you guys, my store is on track to 15. I'm not gonna disclose my pay but we're on the way

Would you rather you get $12.61, and a newbie get $12, or both of you get $15?

Neither is ideal, but I certainly know which I’d pick.
It sucks but there are positives. If you both make $15 they’re going to want you who knows how to do everything over a clueless newhire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back