Archived $15 timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, the minimum wage is $12 and it will be $15 in 2020.

Does anyone know what the timetable is for the increase to $15?

Will they go to $13 or $13.50 in the fall before $15 in 2020?

I have made, as much as a few team leads (good reviews and raises until last year) for a while now, despite only being a team member, so the bump would not effect me if I were not retiring. I however know of a few team members that may not be too happy that others with less time at Target will be making the same, as them. Also I don't see $15/hr always bringing (or keeping) great talent to Target, but rather just bringing more applicants (not always good applicants either) that want a 40 hour a week job at this pay rate.

I hate the pessimism because I love my job and everyone I work with besides one regular TL and one ETL who are super unreasonable and actually seem to have never had a job before this one. At least their attitude reflects it. But honestly less hours at 15 an hour won't work for Target in my slapshot opinion. No one will work for 90 bucks a day at Target when they can get about the same casually working for Uber or some stupid ass shit. I really wish this would spark the self owned businesses up a TON but I think people will just slave for that shitty pay. Less hours = less motivation and that is damn obvious. You want hard workers? Pay for them and give them not just the living wage..sigh...but the hours too...my god is this world corrupt or what. I'm gonna figure out a way to survive no matter what. I want to love who I work for. Does Target want us to love who we work for? I really fucking wonder. They make it seem like it with all the fancy posters in the office and breakroom. How about some real focus and recognition...not fake recognition...not some huddle where we sit and say nice things...not some cards that are half ass acknowledgement....we deserve to live and survive and not be SCARED of paying our bills and rent...I almost want to cry. ....

Last edited:
I hate the pessimism because I love my job and everyone I work with besides one regular TL and one ETL who are super unreasonable and actually seem to have never had a job before this one. At least their attitude reflects it. But honestly less hours at 15 an hour won't work for Target in my slapshot opinion. No one will work for 90 bucks a day at Target when they can get about the same casually working for Uber or some stupid ass shit. I really wish this would spark the self owned businesses up a TON but I think people will just slave for that shitty pay. Less hours = less motivation and that is damn obvious. You want hard workers? Pay for them and give them not just the living wage..sigh...but the hours too...my god is this world corrupt or what. I'm gonna figure out a way to survive no matter what. I want to love who I work for. Does Target want us to love who we work for? I really fucking wonder. They make it seem like it with all the fancy posters in the office and breakroom. How about some real focus and recognition...not fake recognition...not some huddle where we sit and say nice things...not some cards that are half ass acknowledgement....we deserve to live and survive and not be SCARED of paying our bills and rent...I almost want to cry. ....

Realize that the company is run by a sociopath and that most large corporations are run by sociopaths unless it’s still the owner/founder... then... value yourself enough to get another job. It’s sucks and I’m sorry but retail service jobs are all but going away within a decade or two TOPS anyways.

I empathize with you and I sympathize with you but life doesn’t owe you anything and the people at the top of this corporation don’t give a flying fuck about you. I promise you they don’t. They don’t even care about each other. They care about themselves and making as much money as quickly as possible and that’s literally it.

Value yourself enough to leave your comfort zone and seek other employment. Get ahead of the curve with this before you’re behind it.

Last edited:
No one really knows.

But a bet $1.00 this may 2019
$1.00 may 2020
$1.00 December 31, 2020
And No increase in 2021
I agree that if the $15.00 ever comes it won’t be before Dec 31, 2020. Everyone wants as high a pay rate as possible, but whether or not $15.00 is a huge bonanza or not depends on where you live. In lower cost areas $15.00 is hitting the jackpot, but in some higher-cost areas $15.00 is already the city mandated minimum wage.

Regular tms here are at 12.75 and the Modernized departments tms here are at 13.25. 2 more .75 cent raises this year and one more in 2020 and we'll be at 15 here

Currently, the minimum wage is $12 and it will be $15 in 2020.

Does anyone know what the timetable is for the increase to $15?

Will they go to $13 or $13.50 in the fall before $15 in 2020?

My guess is ... corporate will find a way out of it. They will blame someone for their inability to follow through.

"Based on the continuing challenges our economy is facing, our employees are forgoing their raises in exchange for more hours."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back