Archived 18.4 Summer MyDevice/PDA Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagetm

Collecting REDcards like Kings collect taxes.
13 PDA app icons will be removed and migrated to myWork functions:
- Fill It
- Seas
- Stand alone Outs
- Stand alone PTM
- EXF
- Set It
- Store Tie
- Order It
- RF Order
- PF Order
- Price It
- SIM
- Price Audit
- PCV
- Print It
- Sign
- Find It
- NOP
- UPCS

In addition, the PTM Task List has been removed as it is obsolete.

ESIM Weekly Log Audit:
- The title of the LOD ESIM Log Audit Alert is changing to HWC_Weekly ESIM Log
- The alert will now flag if the log is not completed by Thursday, 8:15 local time

My Note: In the message it actually states to start scheduling more backroom team members so that your team can adjust and learn how to do the same thing quickly and efficiently.

That's the notes for the 18.4 Update coming our way in July/August!

Thanks! I saw it on RedWire but was unable to log in to workbench to view the full details.

Hopefully this update will not take down SFS for two days again...

Our store is getting SFS this summer!

The mydevice still has trouble working in our coolers dairy produce meat and freezer no wifi connection. Too much metal can we still use the PDA's in the coolers to STO.

The mydevice still has trouble working in our coolers dairy produce meat and freezer no wifi connection. Too much metal can we still use the PDA's in the coolers to STO.
It's possible that your access points are too far away. (Some stores have a map in TMSC, try 'Store Fact Book'?) I have 0 issues with them in any of our coolers or freezers. The only downside I've seen is that cold kills the ipod's battery faster.

So what's actually changing? The devices have been doing all of those things for a while now.

Maybe for you guys but these are new for my store.

Some of those things were included in the very first package...

Note the first line of the entire post?

They are making the PDA into a useless brick for everyone except Backroom and SFS (and receiving?)

Which is unfortunate because if they would have just asked Motorola to make a newer model and built their own software around it they would be so much more reliable. The PDA is the most reliable device in my entire store... 0 downtime compared to the Gift Registry iPads and Item Finder Kiosks throughout the store.

Which is unfortunate because if they would have just asked Motorola to make a newer model and built their own software around it they would be so much more reliable. The PDA is the most reliable device in my entire store... 0 downtime compared to the Gift Registry iPads and Item Finder Kiosks throughout the store.

The difference between a industrial tool and a consumer product. You pay through the nose for that engineering that makes it bullet proof. Everything the MyDevice is not..

The difference between a industrial tool and a consumer product. You pay through the nose for that engineering that makes it bullet proof. Everything the MyDevice is not..
Trying to shove everything onto 1 freaking app and wondering why that app is so slow just blows my mind. Then having to Jailbreak the iTouchs just make them work correctly? What. It would be so much easier to make separate apps for these things and wouldn't slow the heck out of the app.

I'm not joking that there is a limit about how much you can shove into 1 application and myWork is a beast.

You have got to be kidding me, right? I've only been with spot for 5 years but I distinctly remember at least a dozen times where I wasn't able to do a single thing because the PDAs were offline. The PDA uses dated technology that can't keep up with today's demand. I'm not saying mydevices are perfect but if we continue to rely on them, Target's logistical issues are just going to get worse and more difficult to work with. It's one app because these processes NEED to be dynamic and able to communicate with each other. And who said anything about jailbreaking?

You have got to be kidding me, right? I've only been with spot for 5 years but I distinctly remember at least a dozen times where I wasn't able to do a single thing because the PDAs were offline. The PDA uses dated technology that can't keep up with today's demand. I'm not saying mydevices are perfect but if we continue to rely on them, Target's logistical issues are just going to get worse and more difficult to work with. It's one app because these processes NEED to be dynamic and able to communicate with each other. And who said anything about jailbreaking?

Should be an app that replaced AirWatch last patch called Jailbreak-- (dashes are there cause there is something after it). But yes, Target's logistical issues are going to get worse and worse if they aren't streamlined but there is nothing worse than a slow machine that won't allow you to get your job done. I can't count how many times I would be in the same aisle for 10 minutes because it would take forever to load something in Research.

There are multiple ways to streamline multiple apps together besides just smashing them into one. How do you think Companion Apps work?

You are completely correct that the PDA is super outdated and I have seen them go down but not as often as the aformentioned devices. LOG speaking a lot of problems come from the system not learning how much your store actually needs properly, shortages and misspicks.

They tried that apparently and it didn't work out.
FRmvjHR.jpg

We have had entire days where the MyDevices haven't worked, when the PDA's are down it was not the device it was the network that was down or when they tried an update they screwed the pooch and brought down the network. Spot bought a bunch of cheap devices that don't have the memory capacity and battery life, I have to charge mine everyday at lunch since it is dead from a full charge after we are done with the In-Stocks scanning. Everyday.. We have had them what? Three months? And batteries are degrading already.

Even yesterday mine kept crashing and giving me the white screen of death, every half hour crash. Or the scanner won't work and since the damn thing is bolted shut there is NO way to get it work other than a reboot. Really, Really what you want in front of a guest when you tell them "sorry can you wait while this thing reboots?" Nope. The guest just shoves the item at you and walks off, sale lost. Our survey results are starting to mention that "Why does no one have equipment that works?"

The Moto's - Spot wanted cheap and Moto's are not cheap..

We have had entire days where the MyDevices haven't worked, when the PDA's are down it was not the device it was the network that was down or when they tried an update they screwed the pooch and brought down the network. Spot bought a bunch of cheap devices that don't have the memory capacity and battery life, I have to charge mine everyday at lunch since it is dead from a full charge after we are done with the In-Stocks scanning. Everyday.. We have had them what? Three months? And batteries are degrading already.

Even yesterday mine kept crashing and giving me the white screen of death, every half hour crash. Or the scanner won't work and since the damn thing is bolted shut there is NO way to get it work other than a reboot. Really, Really what you want in front of a guest when you tell them "sorry can you wait while this thing reboots?" Nope. The guest just shoves the item at you and walks off, sale lost. Our survey results are starting to mention that "Why does no one have equipment that works?"

The Moto's - Spot wanted cheap and Moto's are not cheap..

The scanner doubles as a battery pack. I had the same problems with them and we have had these myDevices for more than a year.

Perhaps your store received a different version of the MyDevice. None of my support teams report any of these issues and I know batteries are lasting through their shifts as I ask about them often. We've had ours since November and batteries last just as long so I'm wondering if you got cheated. As far as the recent mydevice downtime concerned, if OtherGuy is telling the truth, all the issues stem from the authentication servers and has nothing to do with the devices themselves. Have you mysupported the crashes? I don't do instocks every day so I can't attest to those issues but I don't have any crashes from sorting reshop, batching labels/product/signs.

Perhaps your store received a different version of the MyDevice. None of my support teams report any of these issues and I know batteries are lasting through their shifts as I ask about them often. We've had ours since November and batteries last just as long so I'm wondering if you got cheated. As far as the recent mydevice downtime concerned, if OtherGuy is telling the truth, all the issues stem from the authentication servers and has nothing to do with the devices themselves. Have you mysupported the crashes? I don't do instocks every day so I can't attest to those issues but I don't have any crashes from sorting reshop, batching labels/product/signs.

Yep.. The auth. server that issue is annoying enough. And in stocks is scan heavy cycling the screens hundreds and hundreds of times an hour, firing that scanner hundreds and hundreds of times a day. It burns batteries.. Cause we are the only team that is seeing that kind of battery usage. Pricing when they switch over I have a feeling will see it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back