Archived 18.4 Summer MyDevice/PDA Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the pros and cons of using both NOP and item search. I trained all my newbies to be able to use both. The flow team never learned how to use item search "cause it sucked" and now is unable to quickly and efficiently use it even once it brings them to the right screen. Same thing with the mydevices they keep taking. If its not "sto" its just characters on the screen to them.

Our store rarely sorts out a challenge tub unless someone is angry or there's been an issue with the process. So nobody is using NOP to sort backstock, mostly just to supposedly push accurately. But thats not what really happens. They just don't want to learn something new, or admit they still don't get it and instead are clinging to the idea of NOP having been the perfect system.

We just got the screws of DOOM installed today. Time to track down the right piece to unscrew that....ugh. And of course right after the guy finishes the ios upgrade every other person is having issues all day with their device.
I wouldn't even hate it if it wasn't for all the toggling. I don't know if it's just my store but toggling from RF to anything is a roll of the dice. It's just so bogged down that I'm rebooting my PDA 6 times a day now. Scan, prompt comes up if you wish to backstock, toggle, item search, lock up, wait, scan, toggle, freeze, reboot. They shouldn't have stripped RF, they should have killed it all at once and done things right.

I wouldn't even hate it if it wasn't for all the toggling. I don't know if it's just my store but toggling from RF to anything is a roll of the dice. It's just so bogged down that I'm rebooting my PDA 6 times a day now. Scan, prompt comes up if you wish to backstock, toggle, item search, lock up, wait, scan, toggle, freeze, reboot. They shouldn't have stripped RF, they should have killed it all at once and done things right.
Cold boot or warm? Cold boot to start a shift normally gets me through a day without too much crap. And I toggled between rfapps, item search, sim, pfresh order, etc for every shift.

The main reason flow workers like NOP over item search is, when you're in the back stocking an item and it flags the push to floor, we can easily toggle to check. After this I won't be inclined to check the secondary locations myself, this now became the instocks teams job. And without a pda or mydevice (which crash multiple times a day) that flat of beverage just took you longer. And the logistics ETL will ride the day backroom TLs ass since they're also in charge of instocks at my store. All one revolving circle of crap.

Like you ever stocked a 2nd loc to being with.. o_O

Never seen it from overnight flow..

Tip for those who have been avoiding Item Search: Hit the book icon in the top right corner and switch it to Sales Floor mode instead of Help Guest. When you scan an item, it shows the first two locations (if the item has multiple locations) and the capacities for each location. Hit the arrows (on the screen, not the arrow buttons) to scroll if there are more than two locations.

Don't reboot. Stores should just have the 9200s now which lets you use CTRL+X to close all the applications and log you out..
It still takes a minute to log back in but anything is better than that interminable loading screen.

I was sad to see PDAs get sent back at first but now I can't wait until they're just all gone, especially after this update.

The scanner doubles as a battery pack. I had the same problems with them and we have had these myDevices for more than a year.
You might be getting a great charge on the device, but the scanner's battery isn't getting the full charge that it needs.

Found this out while talking with the Help Desk.

I used nop to check vendor products that may be on upcoming salesplanners. Will item search do that? That help control vendors from bringing in stuff. If it's not on salesplanners then its not coming into the store.

I used nop to check vendor products that may be on upcoming salesplanners. Will item search do that? That help control vendors from bringing in stuff. If it's not on salesplanners then its not coming into the store.
You should be able to see this info when you switch modes in Item Search.
1) Scan something
2) Tap the icon in the top right corner
3) Tap the button that says 'POG something or another'
4) Use the up/down arrows to navigate through the available pogs.

Just another instance of corporate fucks continuing to make backroom team members' time at Target more difficult and miserable. I'd love to yell at the corporate asshole that has been taking away all of these functions from rf apps. I'd also love to yell at the person that created the STO function.

Does anyone know how to access the OUTs function on the MyDevices? Standalone outs was removed from our 9200's this week, and I can't find the relevant function in the MyDevices

I have to admit my favorite feature now that I'm in market is adding expiration dates to items. I added expiration dates to the bakery table and every yogurt item because we have had so many issues with guest complaints about out of date yogurts.

PROBLEM SOLVED

Does anyone know how to access the OUTs function on the MyDevices? Standalone outs was removed from our 9200's this week, and I can't find the relevant function in the MyDevices
You just scan an item and if it has a backroom location, you just type in 0 for the shelf location and it will fill to capacity.

I have to admit my favorite feature now that I'm in market is adding expiration dates to items. I added expiration dates to the bakery table and every yogurt item because we have had so many issues with guest complaints about out of date yogurts.

PROBLEM SOLVED
It's almost too easy.. There's been an increasing number of non food things being added. Monday, I had 5 brlocs for folding tables!
YOU SHOULDN'T NEED THE WAVe FOR THE SDA

You just scan an item and if it has a backroom location, you just type in 0 for the shelf location and it will fill to capacity.

It's almost too easy.. There's been an increasing number of non food things being added. Monday, I had 5 brlocs for folding tables!

you know you can manually type in the DPCI right?

It's what I did when someone added activewear to the SDA yesterday.

Yup.. You have to visit every loc.
To be honest, I wouldn't trust my br to not laze out on it so I just take care of it.

Ew.

We have one lady do it. I trust her...Unlike the rest of backroom who does not check the dates on the goddamn dairy.

If the item has any backroom locations, you can use Fill From Stockroom, but that's more like an EXF. If your store has the floor count feature on the MyDevices, that's probably the closest you'll get to Outs; it affects replenishment but not the OH count.

Do you guys have cheat scan sheets on the pallet stacker? I know we do for every steel location...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back