Archived 20 boxes of repack 4 hrs still not fast enoigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zone 3 repacks take me 5 minutes each on average. I break down all of the non-domestics into a 3tier and push it all at the end. You act like that stuff is hard to push. All of the DPCIs are on all the products for Home. If you have to scan them for locations, that's what's slowing you down.
No. It's not hard to push. It does take time to unpack. The styrofoam, innerpacks, glued boxes, taped bags, and foam wrap slow one down. The DPCI's are not on the boxes in a repack, but I know my department so locations are not an issue. H&H doesn't have locations, so I expect to have to move everything to the right place in the VMG as I stock as most people have no clue how to stock a VMG. We don't get a 3 tier. It's one vehicle per person and the repacks are on that vehicle. All of that detrashing takes time and keeping it on a uboat that doesn't have that extra spot for cardboard (which if you have allows all of the cardboard of smaller boxes to fall through) takes extra time. I'm not a newbie or a slacker (probably why I've been here 20 years) but I am a realist. 10 minutes is what it takes. If it's all H&H, it takes a little longer.

If you actually read the thread before posting, 8 minutes a repack wasnt the goal for pharmacy/beauty. The goal for those is about 4 or 5 an hour.

Not at my store. And you completely avoided the question.

Do you sort the stuff in them at all before starting your push? I'm told 10 minutes per repack in my area, but that's an average. Some aisles are faster than others, and some repacks have practically nothing in them while others are so full that the bottom is falling out. I group repacks with like products together, so I'm not going up and down the same aisles more than I have to.

Do you sort the stuff in them at all before starting your push? I'm told 10 minutes per repack in my area, but that's an average. Some aisles are faster than others, and some repacks have practically nothing in them while others are so full that the bottom is falling out. I group repacks with like products together, so I'm not going up and down the same aisles more than I have to.
Truck unload is sorting them during unload. I have no idea how they are doing it, but they are doing a good job!

I'm in market and they take awhile if you just push them as they sit, because they have checklane candy, crackers, and spices, which are all over the place.

If I get to them early I sort them to their push vehicles and it's quick that way.

I am too busy spider wrapping or hard casing every thing in electronics or vacuum cleaners areas.
Plus I'm always swapping out spiderwraps or different size keepers because we don't have enough keepers of the appropriate size.

Also, we currently have 3 locations in Tech and 2 locations at FOS for Heyday cases and cables. No way that is going to be pushed as quickly as they say it should.

My heart sinks further each time I cut open a repack and see it is full of Heyday product. [sigh]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back