2022….what new and interesting ways will target come up with this year to support DC teams?

Will they finally make adjustments to wages so that all teams feel supported? Or will they continue to cite attrition, giving even more to WW and WA, while leaving merit teams even more disgruntled and feeling left out, because so far they have gotten nothing? Will they continue to offer huge sign on bonuses to new hires, that are 10x what a 25 year award is for that long term, dependable, and loyal TM? So far, all the investment in their teams appear to be slanted towards newer hires, to get to the point of overstaffing In almost all buildings. My crystal ball tells me 2022 will be the year of reduced hours, making all those huge raises for WW and WA a moot point, because DCs will become a building full of part time workers. And before you tell me I’m wrong, read the truth behind the first three sentences. The only ones to really benefit in 2021 were those hired since 2019.

Last edited:
Will they finally make adjustments to wages so that all teams feel supported? Or will they continue to cite attrition, giving even more to WW and WA, while leaving merit teams even more disgruntled and feeling left out, because so far they have gotten nothing? Will they continue to offer huge sign on bonuses to new hires, that are 10x what a 25 year award is for that long term, dependable, and loyal TM? So far, all the investment in their teams appear to be slanted towards newer hires, to get to the point of overstaffing In almost all buildings. My crystal ball tells me 2022 will be the year of reduced hours, making all those huge raises for WW and WA a moot point, because DCs will become a building full of part time workers. And before you tell me I’m wrong, read the truth behind the first three sentences. The on,y ones to really benefit in 2021 were those hired since 2019.
Speaking to your merit position wage point-this is why I never took a merit role. You know the possibilities when taking that role.

Dc’s are production facilities… those whose “produce” should make more. What merit roles deserve a raise? Not trying to be negative but people want merit roles so they are not putting their bodies and health at risk. my dc is back to part time job for most in warehousing, meaning people care less. $2k bonuses sounded like a great idea in a meeting months ago and now that person needs to be fired. we had 14 call offs yesterday in my department and still the work was complete halfway through the shift.

DCs are expense centers, not production facilities, they don’t make anything. Their purpose is to save more than they cost to operate, they don’t make anything and will never be profitable.
Most warehouse workers made more than they deserved before the big pay bumps. Almost none of them have a clue how to figure out anything on their own so any issue they have, guess who they call? Yeah, the merit TMs who after 10yrs+ of moving boxes and showing the initiative to actually learn things went to a merit position where they thought they’d be more valued, only they get slapped in the face instead.
Should IM have to take a pay cut when they’re in that role? Problem area? Closers?
The thought that because a merit TM doesn’t throw boxes around they deserve less is ridiculous.

DCs are expense centers, not production facilities, they don’t make anything. Their purpose is to save more than they cost to operate, they don’t make anything and will never be profitable.
Most warehouse workers made more than they deserved before the big pay bumps. Almost none of them have a clue how to figure out anything on their own so any issue they have, guess who they call? Yeah, the merit TMs who after 10yrs+ of moving boxes and showing the initiative to actually learn things went to a merit position where they thought they’d be more valued, only they get slapped in the face instead.
Should IM have to take a pay cut when they’re in that role? Problem area? Closers?
The thought that because a merit TM doesn’t throw boxes around they deserve less is ridiculous.
expense centers? We don’t make anything but produce for stores. does your DC have a “production coordinator” or ever hear about “productivity”? I know we don’t make anything. I was simply asking what merit positions should make more. Security? Icqa? Problem solver? clerical? or other roles in the regional office? I’m in warehousing and feel like I should be paid more because I’m one of the top producing workers on either of the night shifts. if you want more and deserve more as a merit worker, you at least have the opportunity to explain every year why you should get a raise. And you get bonuses, so no sympathy from this guy on merit roles. i agree they are paying way to much for 75 percent of warehouse workers but some of us deserve it And we don’t get the opportunity to tell anyone how much we deserve a raise

Our icqa was told just because you have an elevated role, doesn’t mean you make more 🤣