2022….what new and interesting ways will target come up with this year to support DC teams?

Every 3 hours anything that has been cbi'd is auto loaded onto the trailer. That's why sometimes you may notice in DPM more PIPO or noncon has been sorted than the lanes team has gotten credit for. Or you have more PIPO in your lanes than what's listed on DPM or IRP.

SNL force loads it onto the trailer and bypasses the whole autoload process. But the sorter doesn't usually get prod credit for it. So its usually used when a closer has to SUL freight off a trailer they can't fit stuff on they're suppose to use SNL so they don't double dip on prod.
Your building auto loads at 3 hours? That's quite a long wait don't you think?

Every 3 hours anything that has been cbi'd is auto loaded onto the trailer. That's why sometimes you may notice in DPM more PIPO or noncon has been sorted than the lanes team has gotten credit for. Or you have more PIPO in your lanes than what's listed on DPM or IRP.

SNL force loads it onto the trailer and bypasses the whole autoload process. But the sorter doesn't usually get prod credit for it. So its usually used when a closer has to SUL freight off a trailer they can't fit stuff on they're suppose to use SNL so they don't double dip on prod.
Perfect! On point. I got no production lol and it’s hard but at least my cartons are in their trailers for their stores!
@FrankM0421 @Hal is correct couldn’t say it better. Our is 15 mins auto load. I was so embarrassed

Oh you have Artemis. You're living the dream
My building has the 15 minute window too. Do you have any insight into why we have that buffer window before the Master Container gets updated? Its something I have always wondered.

My building has the 15 minute window too. Do you have any insight into why we have that buffer window before the Master Container gets updated? Its something I have always wondered.
Its part of the autoload. Its updating the trailer but the master container I believe is still using 3d nextgen.

We keep partially updating some systems and using multiple programs to so part of the job that we should be only using one. So we have nextgen, artemis, 3d whs, greenfield, dpm, jetson and swisslog all managing parts of our system.

Anyone who works a2 during daylight savings knows, everything crashes because all these programs can't communicate when a clock changes twice a year.

Its part of the autoload. Its updating the trailer but the master container I believe is still using 3d nextgen.

We keep partially updating some systems and using multiple programs to so part of the job that we should be only using one. So we have nextgen, artemis, 3d whs, greenfield, dpm, jetson and swisslog all managing parts of our system.

Anyone who works a2 during daylight savings knows, everything crashes because all these programs can't communicate when a clock changes twice a year.
Interesting. Is Artemis something I can access in Target Shortcuts or Common Links? Dont think I have ever seen it. Or is it more behind the scenes and not something besides Targets computer team deals with?

Your store might start with this T38 meaning it was built after 2000’. This is where my expertise runs out and I do not want to give you any wrong answers so I decline to comment. I learn so much everyday by surfing DPM. I’m getting too good with DPM myself. I think a test was ran at the end of shift tonight. I pulled up to Depal and no one was there. I threw my cage and dipped. Never seen such a sight. Vegetable oil is on Cage line in Depal. Reject line alert doesn’t sound either.

Last edited:
Interesting. Is Artemis something I can access in Target Shortcuts or Common Links? Dont think I have ever seen it. Or is it more behind the scenes and not something besides Targets computer team deals with?
HQ

It's a program OMs use for planning and forecasting. Suppose to stream line everything. It usually doesn't. A lot of building's system infrastructure isn't 100% compatible. So it's been a piece meal rollout. WHSing is most reliant on it right now.

It's a program OMs use for planning and forecasting. Suppose to stream line everything. It usually doesn't. A lot of building's system infrastructure isn't 100% compatible. So it's been a piece meal rollout. WHSing is most reliant on it right now.
I'll have to look when I get to work but I am pretty sure Artemis is what we use from the wiki and if that's the case......it's just an excel spreadsheet....but I have been told it's a much easier process than what the old planning way is so I guess I can give it that.

Back