2022 Vacation/Time Off Changes

Really ?? woo-hoo and Hoo-ray !
Every year have forfeited 60-80 hours sick time because I don’t call-out. Now I can use it - without guilt of having to lie that I’m ‘sick’ to use it ! Better for the store because now 2 weeks notice is required to use it instead of calling out an hour before shift starts !
Unfortunately sick time is still separate.

Every year have forfeited 60-80 hours sick time because I don’t call-out. Now I can use it - without guilt of having to lie that I’m ‘sick’ to use it ! Better for the store because now 2 weeks notice is required to use it instead of calling out an hour before shift starts !
This does not apply to sick time.

Basically Target decided to merge all the time off buckets excluding sick and older vacation payout bucket. Nearly everybody gains accrual rate and min/max. Only people who lose, are the people below 25 hours.
We never got vacay anyways I don’t think, only sick where required

Still can’t get pay out at end of year for unused vacation though 🙁

I don't know if any companies pay out unused vacation at the end of the year.

I mentioned in another thread if Target terminates you they may not have to pay out your vacation depending where you live.

If if you live in a state that does it might be MONTHS before you get it.
In California, you get vacation paid out with your last paycheck. I thought nationwide it was to get paid same day or week of your last shift.

We never got vacay anyways I don’t think, only sick where required
Target gave everyone vacation/personal holiday after 6 or 12 months depending on your hours.

@Anelmi
Is the new accrual rates posted on PayandBenefits or internally within HR workbench sources?

Attachments

• AC4DF3A8-6385-457A-8485-38B0BA2719DF.png
    AC4DF3A8-6385-457A-8485-38B0BA2719DF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Read the next column— you needed at least 20 hours (unless you’re in SF apparently)

so I guess people who avg 20-25 are getting screwed but that’s it
Didn’t read that far, unfortunately.

Edit: Honestly this is a bit confusing for me. Trynna figure out exactly who gets screwed.
All I know is accrual rate with min/max accrual went up for 25+ hours

Last edited:
In states that have never had sick pay , we use our vacation (or pto) after the fact to cover our call ins.

You and me both, JohnSith373.

Will Target make sure people get the hours they need to qualify for certain benefits?

Asking for a friend.
In my district they really seem to be keeping track of people's preferred hours. If you say you want 30, we do what we can to get you 30. 40 is tough to do because we can't always give five 8 hour shifts.

Basically Target decided to merge all the time off buckets excluding sick and older vacation payout bucket. Nearly everybody gains accrual rate and min/max. Only people who lose, are the people below 25 hours.
Not true. DC who work 10 or 12 hr shifts are in a legacy plan, with higher accrual rates to match shift length. But, at their next service anniversary, they are moved from the legacy plan into the general one, thus losing benefit hours. Their anniversary awards them another week per year, BUT they are no longer using the legacy rates, which are substantially higher when compared year to year.

I work for a Distribution Center in Wisconsin and have accrued 80+ hours of vacation/holiday. I was wondering if I could request 40 hours of accrued vacation pay without actually taking a vacation. The extra money would be amazing at this time. I'm pretty sure based on what I have read so far that this request isn't allowed but just looking for confirmation. Thx

I work for a Distribution Center in Wisconsin and have accrued 80+ hours of vacation/holiday. I was wondering if I could request 40 hours of accrued vacation pay without actually taking a vacation. The extra money would be amazing at this time. I'm pretty sure based on what I have read so far that this request isn't allowed but just looking for confirmation. Thx
Sorry this is definitely not allowed. If you need money and have invested in the 401k you can borrow up to half out of it if you need money fast.

Our building has just gone into pre-approved VOT, I'm sure others aren't far behind so start signing up while you can.

Sorry this is definitely not allowed. If you need money and have invested in the 401k you can borrow up to half out of it if you need money fast.

Our building has just gone into pre-approved VOT, I'm sure others aren't far behind so start signing up while you can.
Friends don't let friends "borrow" against their 401k. It's best to do without. There are many threads on this topic.

Friends don't let friends "borrow" against their 401k. It's best to do without. There are many threads on this topic.
I'm just giving options for someone who's looking for money quick. One day of pay is easily payable in a few weeks without noticing deductions.

I've done it a couple times and still am doing pretty good.

If they’re approving OT, you could take a week vacation but still work all of the OT days that week. Then you’d have a check for 76hrs but only work 36-40. None of it would be 1.5x pay (unless it’s a holiday week), so it’s the closest thing to cashing out vacation.

At stores, at least in my state, you can't use sick or vacation time for OT. Even if you work during the week you're "on vacation", you won't be able to use those vacation hours for anything over 40.

At stores, at least in my state, you can't use sick or vacation time for OT. Even if you work during the week you're "on vacation", you won't be able to use those vacation hours for anything over 40.
DCs are different, we can’t cancel out vacation pay with hours worked (at least not WWs or WAs), too many people were abusing it in order to get out of being scheduled for mandatory OT.

I'm still under 5 years and it doesn't seem as though the limit was increased. I'm sitting on 60 hours of vacation (capped), 24 hours of personal holiday (capped), and 4 hours of well-being (capped). If they combine those, I'll have 88 hours of vacation.. until I use 28 of those hours, then I'll be capped at 60 again. So I'm losing out on 28 hours per year now, as I only have a single pool that caps at 60 rather than three pools that collectively cap at 88.
I have been with target going on 5 years in November and only have 15.37 hours of vacation time which I have not used since I first got employed by them .
I work 30-40 hour weekly shifts and still have not accrued any vacation hours .
I have spoke to my hr and I'm being told that depending on my hours at the beginning of the year it's what I get .smh 🙃 doesn't make since to me at all

^^ that cannot be right. You should have at least 60-80 hours of vacation time by now, especially once they rolled the vacation and personal holiday together.

I have been with target going on 5 years in November and only have 15.37 hours of vacation time which I have not used since I first got employed by them .
I work 30-40 hour weekly shifts and still have not accrued any vacation hours .
I have spoke to my hr and I'm being told that depending on my hours at the beginning of the year it's what I get .smh 🙃 doesn't make since to me at all
How long have you been working 30-40 hours? Are you actually averaging 35 hours or are you exaggerating? I know a lot of people who say they are working all the time, but are averaging less than 25 hours. Sorry to doubt you on it, but it just seems common with people that I know. Your average hours for the last 52 weeks is on your pay statement on Workday.

Back