2023 New pilots?

The front end is going to start responding to call buttons?
Nope. They have always been in charge of Service, which included call button response. So, if SF isn't responding, they would coach.

Beauty and tech still remain under specialty so I don’t know why they would try to shift you under gm. Freight flow has nothing to do with sitting on freight . I take 15-17 trucks and we don’t have that kind of problem. It’s all about leadership and planning .
Keep drinking the kool-aid.
Not everyone is at a 24hr $75 million store😝

Could you semi-retire?
Maybe? Had I been more aggressive with contributing to my 401k in a previous job (much better pay), I'd be in much better shape. The longer I can hold out, the better those Social Security checks will be.
Let this be a warning to all you young 'uns! When you're 25, you're not thinking about being 65. But you should still save for it, even small amounts.
I'm looking into a remote work situation and considering having a housemate. I have the space, but I like living alone. We'll see. Things will work out.

Wonder how serious they are about this process and if it'll actually roll out. Looks like a lot of leader headcount increases for it to actually effectively roll out.

From that chart for the new/old work divisions, what is "routine workload"? Reshop & zoning? Something else?
I was wondering about this too... I figured it was the reshop and zoning, like you mentioned, but also PTM/remerchandising and maybe SPLs too? At least, that's the other workload that would've been on the Salesfloor (Hardlines, Softlines, Consumables) TLs before modernization

I love how they think Specialty Sales was engaged in "active selling", lmao!
I think if they gave some commission for specialty sales it would encourage people to try more. Even if it only amounts to like a lunch at the end of the week. Just something tangible to see the difference. Saying "you'll get more hours!" is not a reward... Lol

I do Apple Care, I do Allstate, I do activations, I do preorders, I do save the sale. But literally no one else cares to try.

Last edited:
I do Apple Care, I do Allstate, I do activations, I do preorders, I do save the sale. But literally no one else cares to try.
I mean, there's no incentive so why should you? The only incentive I ever heard for getting a redcard was not being annoyed by the manager about getting at least one a week. I ask if a manager is in earshot, and no time else.

Not like the raise % is going to go up. You and Joe Schmo who does an average job will probably be getting the exact same raise anyway.

I mean, there's no incentive so why should you? The only incentive I ever heard for getting a redcard was not being annoyed by the manager about getting at least one a week. I ask if a manager is in earshot, and no time else.

Not like the raise % is going to go up. You and Joe Schmo who does an average job will probably be getting the exact same raise anyway.
At least at Sears they paid us for pushing credit. As a full-time cashier I added an extra $80 - $120 a month to my paycheck.

My S&E ETL said his position is going away & is now the ETL for Merch Operations. Not sure if that’ll be all stores or just the ones that are low volume like mine. My SD comes back from vacation Monday & is holding a meeting to let us know all of the changes so if no one else finds much out this weekend I can post more after the meeting.

Not sure how assignment sheets will work for fulfillment. They don’t seem necessary. I guess a goal of how many batches they need to pick each day? Backstock will now be handled by the backroom team except F&B which will continue to be handled themselves.

Back