2023 New pilots?

It was never about getting paid more, for me anyway - and neither will this change. I agree that having someone else pushing freight on the truck day/s I'm not there isn't ideal, but I still prefer this to the team model. Or when it comes to the other tasks in my area.
My experience with the old model is that some TMs, and it's always the same ones, end up taking up the slack for other TMs, also always the same ones. I got so sick of it. Never helped to say anything to a TL about any of them. And heaven forbid if I speak up to one of those slackers myself!
Given the current employment situation in my area, we've kept on some seasonal TMs that we wouldn't have in the past. So a slacker can get away with an awful lot as long as they keep showing up. Kinda sucks to be a hard worker who likes to take pride in a doing a job well. Reverting to the old model would make it harder for me to avoid the slackers. And that'll make me feel grumpy.
I quit the company for this reason. Instead of training and holding everyone accountable to set their own pogs, I kept getting scheduled in other people’s depts to set their pogs while they pushed their truck. Meanwhile my dept was unstaffed for a week cause they knew I could get caught up on my own the next week. It PISSED me off. When the bitch sd fired my etl I was done. Found a good job within 5 days, put in my notice, posted all my shifts and said f you.
I would challenge the sd why I was setting others pogs and she kept saying “we bring the pog team back together for big sets”. Meanwhile the only other pog person left was never scheduled with me.

Are those deficiencies due to the pilot or due to lack of accountability? Freight flow has nothing to do with the pilot. The pilot is related to how stores shift team responsibilities and processes. Even if you miss the cutoff to be a higher org chart, you still get payroll hours appropriate to your volume level. You may just feel like there aren't enough leads, especially if you don't have strong leaders.
Op model changes usually entail growing pains and learning curves, but there's nothing about this one that should fundamentally cripple your store.
While I do think some of it boils down to leadership, we just don't have a team large enough to handle the freight coming in. We didn't before the change and it got worse after the change. Our store heavily relies on Guest Interaction too so we're always pulling people to do Fulfillment and Front End since we just ... don't have the people. And when GM/Specialty gets pulled, we get more behind.

My theory is market brings people into the store to pickup milk, lettuce, etc.

The same guests might then wander over to pickup clothes and/or housewares were Target makes the money.
I feel like it's just the opposite.

I go to grab some gm item...oh heck, we're almost out of milk. And we're low on.... So I end up grabbing some of my groceries for the week, and since I'm here we are out of sunscreen and antacids. It just goes on and on.

I go for one $20-$30 item, and spend another $30 on top of that.

So when are PAs coming back?? Perishable Assistant
It never really went away. Just went from a separate position to a normal consumables tm. Every store should still have a OM1 team member that does pretty much everything a PA used to do

I quit the company for this reason. Instead of training and holding everyone accountable to set their own pogs, I kept getting scheduled in other people’s depts to set their pogs while they pushed their truck. Meanwhile my dept was unstaffed for a week cause they knew I could get caught up on my own the next week. It PISSED me off. When the bitch sd fired my etl I was done. Found a good job within 5 days, put in my notice, posted all my shifts and said f you.
I would challenge the sd why I was setting others pogs and she kept saying “we bring the pog team back together for big sets”. Meanwhile the only other pog person left was never scheduled with me.
Where did you end up going? I don't have a degree and am starting to look outside Target for other jobs, but as I don't have a degree I figured my options would be limited.

Any word on changes to closing teams / closing TL? "Closing Experience" falling under Service & Engagement makes it sound like Closing TL may now report to the ETL-S&E instead of the SD.

Just curious if leaders are going back to a rotating LOD schedule or staying with the current model.

Any word on changes to closing teams / closing TL? "Closing Experience" falling under Service & Engagement makes it sound like Closing TL may now report to the ETL-S&E instead of the SD.

Just curious if leaders are going back to a rotating LOD schedule or staying with the current model.
I just read through the guide and yes closing TL will report to service and engagement under that new title but with most processes being their own team it’s a role more about experience like brand and reshop and zone than pulling and fufillment that a lot of stores do.

I just read through the guide and yes closing TL will report to service and engagement under that new title but with most processes being their own team it’s a role more about experience like brand and reshop and zone than pulling and fufillment that a lot of stores do.

Oh that's not going to go over well in my store. This is just a pilot you say? Not a for-sure in all stores?

Oh that's not going to go over well in my store. This is just a pilot you say? Not a for-sure in all stores?
Yeah just a pilot for like 8 districts but I’d say most of this will roll out and they’re piloting more for small changes like closing TLs not reporting to sd. But I imagine most major changes will fully role out by the end of the year or early next year.

So strange that we have been told to do most of this for the past year. Closing tl been handling reshop and zone. They do pulls as well but there under the areas they pull for but at night. It's basically what closing team did way back in the day. Interesting changes for areas though. Tech and beauty to gm baby to specialty. Imo gm still going to get the shit end of the stick here. Owning tech and toys during q4 gonna be fun. I know in my store specialty has not handled the previous change well and gm has done all of the push for seasonal, so they'll have to handle that better for sure. Very excited to see the new merch operations team. I know it said volume will determine leadership for each area, but I'm curious as to how that will look.

Hmm I’ve always thought that Closing TL should be more of a Service and Engagement type role because it’s all about maintaining store brand and customer service throughout the evening business , hope they don’t take away any of my extra access that I have as a Closing TL tho , should honestly bring back different TL pay grades and pay more for keys and extra responsibilities like they used to and bring Senior TLs back

Besides having less to order what do your open market tms do that would be different then the old pa job. It's basically the same job at my store just slightly less work and I mean slightly.
Pushing 4 pallets of produce and meat everyday. Average 300 pieces of produce and 100 pieces of fresh meat. Also cull, clean and item removal. There is so much more. we used to have 4 PAs. Now only 1 open market team member.

Pushing 4 pallets of produce and meat everyday. Average 300 pieces of produce and 100 pieces of fresh meat. Also cull, clean and item removal. There is so much more. we used to have 4 PAs. Now only 1 open market team member.
4 pa wtf I mean 4 pallets a day Is more then my store gets we have 3 trucks a week for food. When I was a PA I had my job done in literally an hour on non truck days and maybe 2-3 on truck days. I'm just saying the job didn't go away it's the same job OM does.

Back