2023 New pilots?

I heard from someone online, here and the Target Discord, about some major structural and organizational changes being piloted in 2023. Could it be the death of Modernization? Who knows. But that's all I know, that something is going to happen. No clue what it is though. Both spots I heard it from were being very secretive. I guess time will tell, whenever we learn more. I'm hoping the Feb. Planner sheds more details.

True. Can't really think of anything else that would change in HR. Maybe ditching Workday. Or maybe putting more HR functions on Workday.

I heard from someone online, here and the Target Discord, about some major structural and organizational changes being piloted in 2023. Could it be the death of Modernization? Who knows. But that's all I know, that something is going to happen. No clue what it is though. Both spots I heard it from were being very secretive. I guess time will tell, whenever we learn more. I'm hoping the Feb. Planner sheds more details.
I've heard some whispers of the return of some sort of Backroom team, but to what extent they would be involved I can't say.

I've heard some whispers of the return of some sort of Backroom team, but to what extent they would be involved I can't say.
I don't think they would be needed too much, because Priorities/OFO are pretty efficient. You rarely have to backstock anything except when a capacity is messed up. Could use one or two people a day to just make sure the back room is tidy, organized, and audited.

I don't think they would be needed too much, because Priorities/OFO are pretty efficient. You rarely have to backstock anything except when a capacity is messed up. Could use one or two people a day to just make sure the back room is tidy, organized, and audited.
Our team backstocks freight and plano pulls that are typically over capacity in addition to doing the pulling. They organize the steels and take care of housekeeping needs.

Having a backroom team would allow for trucks to be scanned again, sending backstock straight to the backroom instead of bringing it out to the floor first. It would also increase BRLA for most stores, ensure backroom audits are actually being done, and keep the number of liabilities in the back down.

That's also possible now, but it's unlikely. If you give 1 person a 5-hour shift and tell them they need to push, backstock, zone, audit, pull, backup, and pick carts, they're only doing two or three of those at most. Giving people two tasks instead of seven ensures the work actually gets done.

If and it is a big IF, the Backroom team returns then maybe they will stop hiding the fill group[1]s. That would also help with the horribly back stocked in the wrong places I find on the daily.

[1] lighters it all about the lighters. lighters are in CANDY. if fill groups were totally not being used then why. does market still grumble about having to pull lighters from where ever they are? granted it might be a stretch but I'm taking that bet

Lighters are in candy because they are supposed to push candy for the check lanes. Most of the lighters are sold in the checklames as an impulse buy. There are lighters on sidecaps too and seasonal depending on what time of the year it is.
I'm not sure that's the case, because none of the other non-food checklane items like sanitizer, hot wheels, card games, mini lego sets, etc. are in the food pull. And the only lighters that fall under food, at least at my store, are ones that are not on the checklanes at all.

I believe it’s “piloting” process teams. I quote piloting because it’s just a essentially pre modernization. Backroom teams, zone teams, push teams, price/Plano teams. Not exactly like before and I’m sure new titles but essentially process teams is what certain districts are doing, no more dbo or TL are ownership instead a TL owns a process not an area and has tms that do the process. D121, 163, 202, 239, 315, 380, 431, 453

I believe it’s “piloting” process teams. I quote piloting because it’s just an essentially pre modernization. Backroom teams, zone teams, push teams, price/Plano teams. Not exactly like before and I’m sure new titles but essentially process teams is what certain districts are doing, no more dbo or TL are ownership instead a TL owns a process not an area and has tms that do the process. D121, 163, 202, 239, 315, 380, 431, 453
That is correct . We started before q4 , the rollout will be in March .

For months we have been deleting DBO’s - only 1 or 2 left now -everyone else is on a team: truck, Plano, backroom, front end, very few salesfloor - GM mostly moves around to what needs to be done ; push, reshop….ALL hardlines pricing tasks done by 1 person.

I would think the changes follow the trend of the past few years…”expect more”. Each tm responsible for more - TL leading more tm’s.

Back