2024 pilots / restructuring?

Gm 2 has rear

From my understanding F&B owns mini since it falls under their fill group so they’ll be doing it most of the year except during BTS
F&B owns miniseasonal (food and/or candy only) at my store now.

This is why our priority percentage pulls dropped like a rock because we had to pull all that starting last Fall.

Of course my TL told me were getting extra help which I knew was BS.

Last edited:
F&B owns miniseasonal (food and/or candy only) at my store now.

This is why our priority percentage pulls dropped like a rock because we had to pull all that starting last Fall.

Of course my TL told me were getting extra help which I knew was BS.
We have one person who pulls for dry market how this is going to be feasible for us a bit cloudy atm.

Because closing is a total store process and not department specific. Business needs vary and cross all departments.

But this isn’t unique to your store, every Closing TL should be reporting to SD (unless there is Closing ETL)
in the pilot my store is running TECHNICALLY Closing Experience TLs report to the ETL SE however i don’t think we’ve been respecting that rule.

Idk how accurate this but apparently, the anti modernization pilot, is already piloting weirder payroll and since my store is an overnight store, HQ basically told my SD “Here’s a sum of hours. figure it out” and we did and we’re doing a pretty good job! To the point where HQ reached out to my store and asked what specific processes we’re doing to have such good metrics. Nearly everything is green.

Is anyone able to look this up on workbench? Just interested in reading about it. I took over presentation last year in February and expressed interest in the merchandise operations team lead position if Target rolled it out to all the stores.
I would love to be able to read the facts about anything that my store leadership rumors about. They blow smoke about 90% of the time.

We have one person who pulls for dry market how this is going to be feasible for us a bit cloudy atm.

I just found out how to see how many DCPIs were pulled out of the Dry Priority Pulls before I started yesterday.

I was less than 1%!

My TL said that they didn't schedule anyone before me even though they had a big grocery visit this week.

I thought is that they better hope corporate doesn't look up the Proirity Pulls Percentage as of 1:00 on a Friday.

Today I don't start until 5:00.

I just found out how to see how many DCPIs were pulled out of the Dry Priority Pulls before I started yesterday.

I was less than 1%!

My TL said that they didn't schedule anyone before me even though they had a big grocery visit this week.

I thought is that they better hope corporate doesn't look up the Proirity Pulls Percentage as of 1:00 on a Friday.

Today I don't start until 5:00.
As always ASANTS and there are always outliers, I normally come in to 0 pulls being done for all of market, sometimes there have been maybe sub 100 pulls for market done. to add seasonal into this is well it's just not right.

As always ASANTS and there are always outliers, I normally come in to 0 pulls being done for all of market, sometimes there have been maybe sub 100 pulls for market done. to add seasonal into this is well it's just not right.
I start at 3:00 today let's see what happens.

I would love to be able to read the facts about anything that my store leadership rumors about. They blow smoke about 90% of the time.
SD+ should have access now, and it will likely be available for ETLs starting the 25th. Maybe TL too but it doesn't specify.

I start at 3:00 today let's see what happens.
The number of DCPIs wasn't that high yesterday.

The things is if you have a TL having to pull a bunch of three-tiers before I get there proves we are understaffed (as usual).

Of course when I pushing them non one is doing pulls.

The cold weather also kept the number of the guests low this past week.

It should be interesting this weekend when my TL isn't there.

Yup, full list of changes and resources are out on workday!

Anyone else slightly concerned about these changes as the ongoing PTL? My presentation team has been picked apart to help support our failing inbound/GM process, so my planogram workload was behind for over a month, I’m only just now alllmost getting my footing in catching up and now I get this bomb shell of extra responsibilities.

I just hope the rearranged hours bring me comfort when this all rolls out officially. We sadly don’t have very many people who comfortably know how to do POGS at our store. If this works out I can see it being beneficial with the added planning and organizing with the PPAs, the transition might just be a little rough.

I’m a newer TL as of October, so still trying to feel things out. It’s hard to tell which parts of this update they’ll actually hold us to vs just dropping it and sweeping it under the rug (like the PPAs, weekly planning meetings, etc.) So I’m a bit stressed trying to stay knowledgeable about all the new changes, but just hoping it’s not all for nothing!

Last edited:
*David Attenborough voice* Day 30,249 of pushing the daily three uboat's from the Library of Alexandria feat. Colleen Hoover, with no entertainment hours in sight. Guest's become discouraged when the only Tech Team Member is 8 miles away across the store in Booklandia. Thieves take advantage and steal precious loot while the Tech Team Member is distracted by restocking Iron Flame for the 80th time this hour. Kpop stans riot as "Version G" of their favorite album is not in stock, they tear open the helpless merchandise trying to find the 1/9,000,000th chance at the Golden Photocard.

Yup, full list of changes and resources are out on workday!

Anyone else slightly concerned about these changes as the ongoing PTL? My presentation team has been picked apart to help support our failing inbound/GM process, so my planogram workload was behind for over a month, I’m only just now alllmost getting my footing in catching up and now I get this bomb shell of extra responsibilities.

I just hope the rearranged hours bring me comfort when this all rolls out officially. We sadly don’t have very many people who comfortably know how to do POGS at our store. If this works out I can see it being beneficial with the added planning and organizing with the PPAs, the transition might just be a little rough.

I’m a newer TL as of October, so still trying to feel things out. It’s hard to tell which parts of this update they’ll actually hold us to vs just dropping it and sweeping it under the rug (like the PPAs, weekly planning meetings, etc.) So I’m a bit stressed trying to stay knowledgeable about all the new changes, but just hoping it’s not all for nothing!
I think PPAs have been a thing for like 15+ years, all of a sudden they are important just to die off again.

I was at an ULV in early 2010s and after the AE dropped I was the sole sales floor team leader for A&A, consumables, electronics, and hardlines. We did have pricing/presentation (sales floor owned all of A&A presentation and sales plans) and inbound/backroom/in stocks still. But It was still pretty tough, as I was usually alone unless I was the scheduled LOD. In AA, I’d sometimes get a few shifts with my Merchandise Brand Team Members for Visual adjacency, if I was really lucky. VMs were still being piloted at the time.

Last edited:
PPAs could be much more consistently a thing if they could be done on a MyDevice. Nobody wants to fill out dead-tree paperwork.
I agree, they already do it for remodel PPAs and things like VM validation on SmartSheet, it's nice for data intake from a lot of stores all at once

does anyone know how payroll for pricing is supposed to work? is there an actual pricing team? there was confusion at my store today and its looking like there wont be a pricing team even though we were told prior to today there will be one. the tl over it is just to "oversee" pricing and make sure it gets done... yet they took away a whole style leader to accommodate for not having to do pricing... now we have more of the floorpad AND more workload with pricing with one less person when we could barely even manage (sometimes not managing at all) to do what we could before? asants and all, and hopefully it is a miscommunication, but I am curious how other stores are handling it? because style has 3k dpcis of pc this week and idk how I'm going to be expected to do that by myself plus all the vmgs (plus back up the front, back up guest service, close once/twice a week, back up fulfillment...) its not gonna be the team members because half of them are going to be going to help with pog or have had their hours reduced to 4 hour shifts twice a week 🙃

(this is mostly a vent post, but please do answer if you have any information on a pricing team lol even the etls are confused on it)

does anyone know how payroll for pricing is supposed to work? is there an actual pricing team? there was confusion at my store today and its looking like there wont be a pricing team even though we were told prior to today there will be one. the tl over it is just to "oversee" pricing and make sure it gets done... yet they took away a whole style leader to accommodate for not having to do pricing... now we have more of the floorpad AND more workload with pricing with one less person when we could barely even manage (sometimes not managing at all) to do what we could before? asants and all, and hopefully it is a miscommunication, but I am curious how other stores are handling it? because style has 3k dpcis of pc this week and idk how I'm going to be expected to do that by myself plus all the vmgs (plus back up the front, back up guest service, close once/twice a week, back up fulfillment...) its not gonna be the team members because half of them are going to be going to help with pog or have had their hours reduced to 4 hour shifts twice a week 🙃

(this is mostly a vent post, but please do answer if you have any information on a pricing team lol even the etls are confused on it)

There are labor standards for how many of each pricing task can be completed, on average, per hour. Given either forecasted or historic averages, one can determine the appropriate number of hours that need to be allocated to pricing functions.

Spoiler: It's not a small number, even by HQ's standards. Even if you reduce it by half, it's probably more than what store's allocate to dedicated pricing tasks.

For example, right now, I am forecasting that the week of February 11th will require 127 hours in pricing hours, including weekly price audit for my store ($80m) store.

EDIT: Under the new process simplification, the GM Operations Team Lead and their team would own all of this. Therefore it's essential that the leader allocating payroll consider this, presentation workload, RFID, Audit, among other things.

There are labor standards for how many of each pricing task can be completed, on average, per hour. Given either forecasted or historic averages, one can determine the appropriate number of hours that need to be allocated to pricing functions.

Spoiler: It's not a small number, even by HQ's standards. Even if you reduce it by half, it's probably more than what store's allocate to dedicated pricing tasks.

For example, right now, I am forecasting that the week of February 11th will require 127 hours in pricing hours, including weekly price audit for my store ($80m) store.
yeah i think its like 100 tickets per hour and then you go by the forecast which we were told is wrong? they did the math for it anyway and then were like "we don't have the hours" and were saying jk just no pricing team?? like it wasn't built in to accommodate for pricing workload, we were supposed to just figure it out and the tl makes sure it gets done? which is p much the same as before, tbh.. unless I'm just confused. which I am lol

A
yeah i think its like 100 tickets per hour and then you go by the forecast which we were told is wrong? they did the math for it anyway and then were like "we don't have the hours" and were saying jk just no pricing team?? like it wasn't built in to accommodate for pricing workload, we were supposed to just figure it out and the tl makes sure it gets done? which is p much the same as before, tbh.. unless I'm just confused. which I am lol
All the hours for pricing are included in the GM bucket now. You don’t have pricing team members like the old way but are still encouraged to schedule people to do just pricing they will just be GM experts.

Labor standards for pricing are 94/hour for labels, 172 for ticketing and 422 for salvage.

The info I'm tracking is that it's 94 labels per hour, 172 tickets per hour, and 422 salvages tasks per hour. These are average, or possibly median values.

For example, I think labels per hour should be higher. Tickets per hour is tricky, depending on what you're measuring. Have you already found the items, are they all in the same place or spread out in Style, like for First Markdowns? There is a lot of different information to consider. So while it may seem slow, understand that it is a comprehensive productivity metric.

Back