2024 pilots / restructuring?

does anyone know how payroll for pricing is supposed to work? is there an actual pricing team? there was confusion at my store today and its looking like there wont be a pricing team even though we were told prior to today there will be one. the tl over it is just to "oversee" pricing and make sure it gets done... yet they took away a whole style leader to accommodate for not having to do pricing... now we have more of the floorpad AND more workload with pricing with one less person when we could barely even manage (sometimes not managing at all) to do what we could before? asants and all, and hopefully it is a miscommunication, but I am curious how other stores are handling it? because style has 3k dpcis of pc this week and idk how I'm going to be expected to do that by myself plus all the vmgs (plus back up the front, back up guest service, close once/twice a week, back up fulfillment...) its not gonna be the team members because half of them are going to be going to help with pog or have had their hours reduced to 4 hour shifts twice a week 🙃

(this is mostly a vent post, but please do answer if you have any information on a pricing team lol even the etls are confused on it)
Perhaps someone from style will be scheduled in pricing but there won’t be “a team”.

The info I'm tracking is that it's 94 labels per hour, 172 tickets per hour, and 422 salvages tasks per hour. These are average, or possibly median values.

For example, I think labels per hour should be higher. Tickets per hour is tricky, depending on what you're measuring. Have you already found the items, are they all in the same place or spread out in Style, like for First Markdowns? There is a lot of different information to consider. So while it may seem slow, understand that it is a comprehensive productivity metric.
Labor standards are just what they give you and what the average is correct. Previously it was 150 for style and 250 for non style but not since the payroll is in one buckets it’s just an average.

Well, as a Receiver, I was informed today that I'll be training for Fulfillment and Front End (GA/DU,GS) for when I'm needed... which at my store will be every day. #failing

Well, as a Receiver, I was informed today that I'll be training for Fulfillment and Front End (GA/DU,GS) for when I'm needed... which at my store will be every day. #failing
With no extra pay of course!

A couple of months ago my TL made a big deal of me not doing Fulfillment very often.

I reminded him he has TMs in his department that aren't even trained to do them.

I also reminded my TL that I am only one of two TMs in my department that can cashier.

No response to either of those comments of course.

Last edited:
My ETL alluded to some changes to the reciever position that was mentioned in a district meeting. If I have to start doing fulfillment again I think I will just leave. I put in four years in FF and I will not do it again outside of a batch here or there.

My ETL alluded to some changes to the reciever position that was mentioned in a district meeting. If I have to start doing fulfillment again I think I will just leave. I put in four years in FF and I will not do it again outside of a batch here or there.
It's just poor management and not enough resources.

I had to do an OPU and couple of weeks ago that took 30 minutes to pull, pack, and stow.

I reminded the Closing TL I am only one in my department so no one is doing that work.

You being a receiver it's the same situation.

It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

It's just poor management and not enough resources.

I had to do an OPU and couple of weeks ago that took 30 minutes to pull, pack, and stow.

I reminded the Closing TL I am only one in my department so no one is doing that work.

You being a receiver it's the same situation.

It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Ah, that right there is THE Target way! Don't add resources, just rearrange them and hope for the best. And then demand to know why EVERYTHING isn't done to perfection.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind pulling batches. Can'y be too different from IRs... mu SD was more stressing the Guest Service and GA help I'll ne doing. As for TLs checking in vendors. Well, last time when I was out for a funeral I came back to get a visir from ATF... so....

Ah, that right there is THE Target way! Don't add resources, just rearrange them and hope for the best. And then demand to know why EVERYTHING isn't done to perfection.
Or, in the case of cashiering when you're the only one up there during a rush because the others were stolen for OPU/DU, being told you need to work faster!

I'm beginning to think onlyfans would be less humiliating than the Target bs

Or, in the case of cashiering when you're the only one up there during a rush because the others were stolen for OPU/DU, being told you need to work faster!

I'm beginning to think onlyfans would be less humiliating than the Target bs
In regards to cashiering I remember when they had specific "back up hours".

That meant a designated TM would go up if needed for during a time slot in which that TM couldn't go on break and/or lunch.

It worked pretty well.

In regards to cashiering I remember when they had specific "back up hours".

That meant a designated TM would go up if needed for during a time slot in which that TM couldn't go on break and/or lunch.

It worked pretty well.
We don't use backup hours for breaks or lunches...if we ever had them to begin with

I miss the days when I had one job. No amount of accommodation is going to make having to keep the rules of 4 or 5 jobs straight in my mess of an ADHD brain

Back