2023 New pilots?

According to a peer I have that works HQ/field the training rollout starts tomorrow (2/6) for this pilot. It will be interesting to see where they prioritize and put payroll.

Payroll won’t change. The store will get the same amount. So reallocating it will suck and still won’t work to get things done. Target needs to stop lining the ceos pockets and put more money into the stores. But they never have and never will.
And when they do get hours they just steal them for departments that don't. My store doesn't have a bullseye person and pulls cashiers to do it constantly

Last edited:
Stores with ulta it stays under specialty
All the stores I’ve been to with Ulta have a TL that oversees both Beauty and Ulta, along with overlapping TMs as the knowledge base is essentially the same.

Ulta is a lot like Starbucks as well. There’s a threshold for hours that has to be met, so being able to move someone from Beauty to Ulta to cover calloffs is essential to stay in the green.

Last edited:
All the stores I’ve been to with Ulta have a TL that oversees both Beauty and Ulta, along with overlapping TMs as the knowledge base is essentially the same.

Ulta is a lot like Starbucks as well. There’s a threshold for hours that has to be met, so being able to move someone from Beauty to Ulta to cover calloffs is essential to stay in the green.
I’m not disagreeing. Stores with ulta, both beauty and ulta stay in specialty

This pilot has already started to be a blood bath. Arguments about hours have already started amongst the ETL's. Style is like a deer in the headlights over taking seasonal having no clue what to do in HL and has definately decided to not go over there. The only presentation team members are ready to quit. Everyone knows the audits and RFID are going to be a battle to find someone to do them. The person in seasonal wants absolutely nothing to do with style because he believes seasonal is better left in HL . The operations team lead is ready to quit because he can't see how he can be so many places at once. The GM ETL is rubbing it in everyone's face how much easier his job is now but at the same time is complaining to everyone, tm's included, how he doesn't have enough hours. He even told one tm how the team they are on was sucking all the hours from the store as if it was the tm's fault. Those pushing the truck have decided when there is someone to do their back stock if they don't have time to finish pushing they will just send the rest to back stock, problem solved. Don't feel like pushing today, send it to backstock. Since the backroom is not under GM and when it inevitably gets full its not their problem. And the ETL will be willing to turn a blind eye to that because again its not under his umbrella and all that will matter to him is his truck will get pushed everyday. Which also makes me wonder about transition. Will it be under the truck hours but never get pushed, flexed out or backstocked by GM only operations when it is set? Bonus hours for GM if so. I am sure that will be yet another argument.
The people pushing truck have decided they won't give a hoot about anything much because its no longer their department per se so they are not vested in making it look good anymore. Push/overstock what you want send the rest to backstock. Zoning? HaHa
The SD's answer to everyone from tm to ETL is basically I could give a S*&^ it WILL get done on time or I will fire you. Had 3 call outs could care less get it done or I will fire you. Have concerns about the new pilot he could care less, the company says we do it this way, get it done or I will fire you. Quit or, fudge it if you have to to get it done, but don't ask for sympathy or God forbid help.
The store has become more divided than with modernization. No one will help anyone else. The ETL's are all starting to plan to let another area drown in its own poo if its not under their umbrella and laugh while it happens. Its not longer do something for the good of the store. Its like everyone is on rival teams ready to fight to the death.
So many people have told me already how tired they are and how they can't work like this anymore and we really haven't even started.

This pilot has already started to be a blood bath. Arguments about hours have already started amongst the ETL's. Style is like a deer in the headlights over taking seasonal having no clue what to do in HL and has definately decided to not go over there. The only presentation team members are ready to quit. Everyone knows the audits and RFID are going to be a battle to find someone to do them. The person in seasonal wants absolutely nothing to do with style because he believes seasonal is better left in HL . The operations team lead is ready to quit because he can't see how he can be so many places at once. The GM ETL is rubbing it in everyone's face how much easier his job is now but at the same time is complaining to everyone, tm's included, how he doesn't have enough hours. He even told one tm how the team they are on was sucking all the hours from the store as if it was the tm's fault. Those pushing the truck have decided when there is someone to do their back stock if they don't have time to finish pushing they will just send the rest to back stock, problem solved. Don't feel like pushing today, send it to backstock. Since the backroom is not under GM and when it inevitably gets full its not their problem. And the ETL will be willing to turn a blind eye to that because again its not under his umbrella and all that will matter to him is his truck will get pushed everyday. Which also makes me wonder about transition. Will it be under the truck hours but never get pushed, flexed out or backstocked by GM only operations when it is set? Bonus hours for GM if so. I am sure that will be yet another argument.
The people pushing truck have decided they won't give a hoot about anything much because its no longer their department per se so they are not vested in making it look good anymore. Push/overstock what you want send the rest to backstock. Zoning? HaHa
The SD's answer to everyone from tm to ETL is basically I could give a S*&^ it WILL get done on time or I will fire you. Had 3 call outs could care less get it done or I will fire you. Have concerns about the new pilot he could care less, the company says we do it this way, get it done or I will fire you. Quit or, fudge it if you have to to get it done, but don't ask for sympathy or God forbid help.
The store has become more divided than with modernization. No one will help anyone else. The ETL's are all starting to plan to let another area drown in its own poo if its not under their umbrella and laugh while it happens. Its not longer do something for the good of the store. Its like everyone is on rival teams ready to fight to the death.
So many people have told me already how tired they are and how they can't work like this anymore and we really haven't even started.
Well I can't say I'm surprised but that sucks. Many of these problems I remember from pre modernization, but atleast our payroll wasn't quite as bad. My biggest complaint as a backroom tm was people who pushed would never fix the salesfloor or decided they pushed enough and would just send it all to backstock. My whole leadership team is so divided I can only imagine the shit storm this could create. Seems like what I figured with payroll not increasing and just adding positions is the problem. News flash to spot we didn't have the hours before and that's the entire reason we needed these teams in the first place.

APPARENTLY there is a rumor going around the store that my ETLs are being tight lipped about, that enough people complained about something with the pilot that they will be changing? Not sure what yet, but my etl tends to overshare so I’m going to try to get some answers when he comes in Friday morning.
Also for my stores volume it was finally shared that wells be getting about 300 some hours of payroll for Merch ops not including presentation hours so that’ll give us a general idea of how many TMs we’re going to have. I’m a low/base volume store.

APPARENTLY there is a rumor going around the store that my ETLs are being tight lipped about, that enough people complained about something with the pilot that they will be changing? Not sure what yet, but my etl tends to overshare so I’m going to try to get some answers when he comes in Friday morning.
Also for my stores volume it was finally shared that wells be getting about 300 some hours of payroll for Merch ops not including presentation hours so that’ll give us a general idea of how many TMs we’re going to have. I’m a low/base volume store.
Yeah still just worried that it's not more hours then before and rather just reallocated hours. 300 hours isn't really a lot unless that's 300 a week

Probably that Merch Ops shouldn’t include front end. I mean that’s completely logical and an obvious complaint right off the bat.

Probably that Merch Ops shouldn’t include front end. I mean that’s completely logical and an obvious complaint right off the bat.
Merch ops doesn’t include front end, where did you see that? Or is it that way for ETL ownership? My stores front end is switching to be overseen by our SD & Merch ops shares an etl with fulfillment.

Instocks, Pricing and POG will feel the brunt.... unless, they too, have decided not to care about doing their job correctly.

This sounds similar to the “good times” had, transitioning everyone’s mindset and work habits into the modernization operation model a while back. Management attitude will depend on managers and likely what they are hearing from theirs. So sorry for you….

Last edited:
It sounds like your store already had major issues with leadership working together before the new pilots which is a shame. If one department fails, the entire store fails. If the entire store fails - ETLS, SDs and TLs don’t get their bonuses so unless they don’t like money they should come up with solutions rather than mine mine mine. Also, sounds like some of your team aren’t accepting of change and trying something new out and already dismissing it saying it doesn’t work rather than seeing why and trying to adjust which is the entire point of being a pilot store.

Seasonal has been a specialty sales department for the past year so that’s not new. Also sounds like it’s your leaders not the pilot that’s the problem.

Yeah still just worried that it's not more hours then before and rather just reallocated hours. 300 hours isn't really a lot unless that's 300 a week
It's gotta be 300 a week. Monthly that wouldn't even cover a fraction of basic tasks.

Back