2023 New pilots?

Yeah I'd hope so too but you know spot 🤣 10 tms 30 hours a piece seems pretty doable.
Yes it is 300 a week for my $40mil volume store. My hours are included in that, along with 40 hours for receiving, my 2 pricing TMs work 40 each a week so that leaves about 140 for backroom & findability

APPARENTLY there is a rumor going around the store that my ETLs are being tight lipped about, that enough people complained about something with the pilot that they will be changing? Not sure what yet, but my etl tends to overshare so I’m going to try to get some answers when he comes in Friday morning.
Also for my stores volume it was finally shared that wells be getting about 300 some hours of payroll for Merch ops not including presentation hours so that’ll give us a general idea of how many TMs we’re going to have. I’m a low/base volume store.
Keep in mind everyone that these 300 hours will be taken from gm, style, etc. They will not be in addition.

Yes it is 300 a week for my $40mil volume store. My hours are included in that, along with 40 hours for receiving, my 2 pricing TMs work 40 each a week so that leaves about 140 for backroom & findability
That's not too bad 20 hours a day for pulls and findability. I think it's a little low so I'd definitely keep an eye on pulls getting out of hand. That pricing is the whole store?

That's not too bad 20 hours a day for pulls and findability. I think it's a little low so I'd definitely keep an eye on pulls getting out of hand. That pricing is the whole store?
I agree, I’ll see how the first month goes & then give feedback on if it needs more or less. Yes that’s pricing for the whole store. They are incredibly fast but on weeks like this one where the entire style dept goes clearance, the style lead will jump in or I’ll give up one of my sfs TMs since she used to do pricing

I think it's a really bad move to nix the S&E ETL... IDK the volume of the store losing one but ours would tank even harder. Can't even imagine our ETL's now trying to also absorb the S&E role into their own. They're all running around stressed as it is. Like Holiday never ended. The way Target works with never giving hours you'd think they'd want more ETL's since they're salary.
I mean if you have s&e tl's what is the point of having an etl... All the S&E positions are a joke anyway.... any tl can respond to an angry guest or issue at the register... they don't really own anything? It's the easiest ETL position to eliminate and wont have much of an impact on anyone. From my 7+ years of experience at target, aside from writing the schedule, the S&E TL's are overpaid tms and the ETL is a VERRRRRY overpaid tm.

I mean if you have s&e tl's what is the point of having an etl... All the S&E positions are a joke anyway.... any tl can respond to an angry guest or issue at the register... they don't really own anything? It's the easiest ETL position to eliminate and wont have much of an impact on anyone. From my 7+ years of experience at target, aside from writing the schedule, the S&E TL's are overpaid tms and the ETL is a VERRRRRY overpaid tm.
I do think it is the easiest of tl and etl positions but I don't think they aren't warranted. They have a lot of bs stuff to deal with. I don't want to do there job. In my store they are the leaders that work the later shifts and help out with the closing tl the most. A strong front end team can free up a lot of time for the rest of the areas. We used to have a great front end team at my store and you can notice the difference when it isn't running as well.

As someone who’s been without an SE-ETL for awhile, as long as you have good SE TLs, it’s totally fine. Having the ETL on top of it is almost overkill tbh.

I completely disagree. A good S & E TL that stays up front and handles business and keeps things running smoothly is essential. Why constantly pull other leaders away from the crap they already have to deal with? A front end leader is also necessary to keep their staff in line. I can understand not needing an ETL, but definitely a TL or two. Whether they are good or not is a different story.

They’re taking work away from those work centers too? It’s not like they’re taking hours and expecting them to do the same stuff.
Yeah but the point is that most stores are struggling to keep up with these simple tasks because we didn't have enough hours to complete them. Just making a team focused on these tasks makes it easier to control and plan for these things to get done but if the hours aren't there it isn't going to matter, somewhere will suffer otherwise we wouldn't of had all these problems with pricing, shortage, freight flow, and whatever else we all struggled with this past year or two.

Lol i love how they take something old and call it a new name and say its new. This eill go right back to process teams seeping up every hour and we wont have any for the rest of the groups to do crsp. Been there got the tshirt laughed in managements face when we got blamed for not finishing both presentations job and ours with 400 less hours than them 🙄 ah target you litetally never change

I completely disagree. A good S & E TL that stays up front and handles business and keeps things running smoothly is essential. Why constantly pull other leaders away from the crap they already have to deal with? A front end leader is also necessary to keep their staff in line. I can understand not needing an ETL, but definitely a TL or two. Whether they are good or not is a different story.
What blows my mind is that most stores have 2 SETLs at base model but they only give Home/Seasonal and F&B 1 TL, when those workcenters do 20%+ of sales for most locations.

Yeah but the point is that most stores are struggling to keep up with these simple tasks because we didn't have enough hours to complete them. Just making a team focused on these tasks makes it easier to control and plan for these things to get done but if the hours aren't there it isn't going to matter, somewhere will suffer otherwise we wouldn't of had all these problems with pricing, shortage, freight flow, and whatever else we all struggled with this past year or two.
Ehhhh I’d say it’s not always payroll but prioritizing. A lot of stores would not do something like price change or pog to push truck and they could do that because the hours were just one big bucket and GM could spent it however they saw fit. With this process your taking most of the things people would prioritize second and giving it a team, hours and that’s their main priority. Granted I’m sure there will be some things here and there that need to be adjusted like with any pilot but I think this is a good change and will finally get back to prioritizing the simple and routine tasks that create an effective and effective store.

Lol i love how they take something old and call it a new name and say its new. This eill go right back to process teams seeping up every hour and we wont have any for the rest of the groups to do crsp. Been there got the tshirt laughed in managements face when we got blamed for not finishing both presentations job and ours with 400 less hours than them 🙄 ah target you litetally never change
Wait for the Vibe~

Don't forget doing fast service and backup calls and getting torn a new asshole for your own work not getting done because they had no hours up front!

Ehhhh I’d say it’s not always payroll but prioritizing. A lot of stores would not do something like price change or pog to push truck and they could do that because the hours were just one big bucket and GM could spent it however they saw fit. With this process your taking most of the things people would prioritize second and giving it a team, hours and that’s their main priority. Granted I’m sure there will be some things here and there that need to be adjusted like with any pilot but I think this is a good change and will finally get back to prioritizing the simple and routine tasks that create an effective and effective store.
It's not a prioritization issue when 100s of stores fail and it causes a company wide pricing audit. I can only attest for my store, and we were not nearly as bad as most stores around me, but we had hours similar to other years previous but the freight flow issue ruined us. We basically had hours to staff for 5-6 trucks a week and were getting more like 8-10 trucks a week.

It's not a prioritization issue when 100s of stores fail and it causes a company wide pricing audit. I can only attest for my store, and we were not nearly as bad as most stores around me, but we had hours similar to other years previous but the freight flow issue ruined us. We basically had hours to staff for 5-6 trucks a week and were getting more like 8-10 trucks a week.
Right, but there’s an issue with pricing because they took away the team and made it take a back seat to other things. So yes it’s a prioritization issue. Most stores are choosing to prioritizing replenishment processes over pricing because when you give GM competing priorities like truck and price change where 1 thing will be an issue today and the other will cause issues later, most people will choose the now issue. Most stores in my district decided to bring back the pricing team during Covid when target gave us the option to do so and have been consistent with pricing and still doing the other things like truck because we schedule someone to do it and that’s their only priority. We get the same payroll regardless of scheduling someone to do pricing or not so that’s not the reason it gets done now, it’s because we made it a priority.

Again I’m sure there will be issues but the hours aren’t the issue it’s how your store chooses to spend them.

Maybe I missed it, but what did the muckety-mucks at corporate think was so bad about the DBO model?

And for @Rarejem's Vibe comment, I really needed a "barf" emoji. Every time I heard a TL bring it up, it made me cringe.

Maybe I missed it, but what did the muckety-mucks at corporate think was so bad about the DBO model?

And for @Rarejem's Vibe comment, I really needed a "barf" emoji. Every time I heard a TL bring it up, it made me cringe.
It doesn't seem to have worked at many stores.

Vibe was seriously the cringiest 🤮🤮🤮🤮

I don't think it was bad at lower volume stores, but for busier stores, someone else would have to cover the DBO's days off, or the DBO would spend their entire shift pushing truck and not have time for the other tasks, which kind of defeated the purpose of the role

Back