Archived 26 correctives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently informed I had 26 corrective actions is that possible and 2 finals in less than 3 years and still was able to keep employment, don't I have to be informed when I'm put on a corrective

I was recently informed I had 26 corrective actions is that possible and 2 finals in less than 3 years and still was able to keep employment, don't I have to be informed when I'm put on a corrective
Who told you this? And yes, you have to be told about it. I can't remember if you have to sign something for a corrective action, but you definitely have to sign something when put on a final.

Holy Machiavelli....that just begs the question: Whatthehell are you DOING?!

Who told you this? And yes, you have to be told about it. I can't remember if you have to sign something for a corrective action, but you definitely have to sign something when put on a final.
Yes CCA's have to be signed.

Sounds more like you have 26 coachings, and a "final" coaching that will lead to a corrective action.

A coaching though is just a conversation. It could be about forgetting to turn in your myDevice or not responding to backup or even something simple like rolling out a new process.

It sounds to me like coachings as well. Any performance discussion a leader has with you can be documented and considered a coaching. Whether it be about pushing, not pulling, not maintaining 3 points of contact on a ladder, attendance issues, cashier speed, redbirds, attendance, pull times, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone had 26 over a long enough time period. I've done about 8 just for one person in the past month or so. Although, if I remember correctly, coachings are only valid for 3 months (in my state, at least.) THey're retained for much longer, but they can only be used against you for 3 months here. Again, I'm sure that part varies by state a little bit.

Corrective actions are different, we have to formally inform you that you're on a corrective action and let you know that you have a critical period to rapidly improve your performance, we have to create a plan with you, and you have to sign your corrective action. You'd know if you had 26 CCA's.

Sounds more like you have 26 coachings, and a "final" coaching that will lead to a corrective action.

A coaching though is just a conversation. It could be about forgetting to turn in your myDevice or not responding to backup or even something simple like rolling out a new process.

Or something like "asking for help "generally", instead of calling people by name. yes I got coached for this two weeks ago LOL.

This after someone sneaked Freezer research in and u end up with a surprise Full Metro and 2 Full tubs of Freezer research.

I very rarely get coached, i honestly can't remember the last time, so I think my TL was just trying to hit a quota or something, even though he wasn't even working that day.

Yes I have to make my team members sign the form both a "Corrective Action" & "Finial Warning."

I don't know how any of that is even possible. Stores that do this must not be very strict or something. At my old store, they loved writing people up and firing them. Many offenses would go straight to Final Warning (even when they should have been CCA or just a coaching -- I know first-hand!), and if you had just one Final, one more offense was a trip to HR's office to collect your walking papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back