Archived Unusual Question about Corrective Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a CA that was being submitted, my ETL-HR flipped out that certain dates(hire date, and late occurrence date) had typos. I was told that CAs delivered with incorrect information were not valid. That seems like an over-reaction to me. Does anyone else have experience with this? Is it that serious of an offense?

Can't you re-submit it with the correct information?
I guess that's ultimately my question as well. I'm just not sure because it was already delivered to the TM as is. Their documentation contains the incorrect information.

Your HR should have signed off on the form before or was delivered. If they didn't, I would expect the TL and ETL that moved on the CCA without approval will be getting their own talking to soon.

It was signed off by HR before the errors were noticed. The errors were brought up afterward when I realized the hire date and last occurrence weren't correct after it was delivered.

For a CA that was being submitted, my ETL-HR flipped out that certain dates(hire date, and late occurrence date) had typos. I was told that CAs delivered with incorrect information were not valid. That seems like an over-reaction to me. Does anyone else have experience with this? Is it that serious of an offense?

My HR would do the same thing. Errors would have to be corrected to make the CA valid. So, I would have to re-do the form, wait forever for the ETL-HR to sign it again, then have the TM sign the new one. Usually, the process took so long that it was embarrassing to have to resubmit the form. Also, my HR required that everything was typed out, including delivery date. So, if the TM called out on the date we were going to deliver I would have to wait until a new form was signed by HR, then cross my fingers that the TM showed up on that date.

This process sucked for NCNS. A TM could NCNS two times in a row and only get 1 CA instead of a Final. Or NCNS as many times as possible until they received a CA for it. I had a TM NCNS for 2 weeks (6 days of work) and our HRBP wouldn't sign off on a CA because he had a doctor's note. Did the note say he was unable to use the phone? His argument - We should have called him to find out if he was ok? We have too many douche bags to implement that procedure.

Note to the wise: Target in my area is hesitant to fight doctor notes from TMs. A doctor's note clears everything in our district. Our team knew this so well that a TM, who's father was a doctor, would take the excuse forms from his father and fill them out to avoid any form of corrective action. This TM would call out almost every Friday night.

My solution, schedule him on every Friday and Saturday night, cut hours rest of week. Eventually he quit. Nothing sucks more for a TL or ETL when you have a 2000+ piece truck on a Friday or Saturday and you have 11 TMs total (unload alone requires 15+). Or just 30+ hours of autofills with 1 TM, a TL, and an ETL. Glad I don't work there anymore. I used to ghost the shit out of those autofills when I knew I was leaving.

Ca's and coaching are all legal documents. Therefore they must have correct information on it.
Technically any documentation made along the way of the corrective action process can be a "legal document" (right on down to documented verbal coatings) as it could be used as evidence in an unemployment hearing. Hell, as a team member I've documented my own side of situations on the off chance that I ever get fired so I'll be able to present that in defense of myself. The entire concept of a "legal document" is very ambiguous and not actually defining of what could be presented as evidence.

The reason Target wants the forms to be precise is because errors such as dates that would have been easily verifiable call into question the entire legitimacy of the coaching document. Essentially the theory plays out like this, if you can't get a team member's hire date correct, how do we know your entire coaching process has been done correctly?

It would be great if after they did the corrected form and took it to the TM, he refused to sign it.
After all he already signed one, why would he want to get into more trouble by signing another?
It wouldn't make that much difference but it would make them look stupid.

Document. Document. Document. It'so important. I had to take a leave of absence years ago when it was time for me to come back I called my ETL-HR. She said that my ETL had not heard from me so they weren't going to let me come back. My documentation saved my job. I said, "That's strange because I spoke with blank on such and such a date at such and such a time and then again on such and such a date and such and such a time." Long silence, then, "OK, do you want to come back tomorrow?"

It would be great if after they did the corrected form and took it to the TM, he refused to sign it.
After all he already signed one, why would he want to get into more trouble by signing another?
It wouldn't make that much difference but it would make them look stupid.

I would never have signed the first much less a corrected one. If you couldn't be bothered to fill it out correctly, that is a major insult to your TM. They were not worth you time to actually do a CA correctly. And in turn I would at it and you as a joke.

TM perspective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back