Archived Grounds for a Corrective Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSTL4LIFE

GSTL
Is it possible to go straight to a corrective action for insubordination or do we have to go through PDDs first before a corrective action? It was not towards me, per se, but it was about another TL behind closed doors during a PDD discussion not related to insubordination. What else could be grounds for an immediate corrective action?

Losing keys, lock TMs in the building, losing money, injuring another TM or guest..... pretty much anything that could get you fired but they choose to keep you and give you another chance.... other than that you have to go through the proper channels by PDDs and partnering with HR

There are several conduct infractions that can go straight to a CA or final. NCNS is the most common, of course. Threats of violence or aggressive behavior, losing keys or equipment, condoning working off the clock, time clock fraud, and yes, insubordination are some others.

Are you saying this TL was in a closed office getting coached, then it escalated to a CA for insubordination?

Insubordination is definitely a CA. I have delivered a CA for insubordination, a TM who refused to do a task I asked of him.

If you're a TL or above you can check the counseling binder in your HR's office. At the front there should be guidelines as to what constitutes a PDD, Counseling, Final, and termination. Usually it's the intent behind the action that'll lead you to write a PDD or a Counseling.

The best thing to do if your not sure is do a PDD then tell them that you have to take additional partners on the issue. Let your Sr/ETL HR know and that you told them that you had to take additional partners and they can determine if it can go to a CA that you can issue at a later date.

The best thing to do if your not sure is do a PDD then tell them that you have to take additional partners on the issue. Let your Sr/ETL HR know and that you told them that you had to take additional partners and they can determine if it can go to a CA that you can issue at a later date.
This is a new one for me. What does it mean to "take additional partners"?

I just say "you will be held accountable for your actions today. Once I take a partner with HR and find out what that is, I'll let you know."

Are you saying this TL was in a closed office getting coached, then it escalated to a CA for insubordination?

Yes. The TM was being coached for a PDD for something unrelated to insubordination but it turned in to the TM talking about the other TL and then escalated to insubordination.

I don't know. It would have to be pretty bad for me to CA someone for a closed door convo.

The grounds for a CA should be listed in a handbook because we have petty leaders and leaders who make up their own rules so we all need to be on the same page. And before putting someone on a CA due to the leads power going to his/her head, they should sit down and talk through the situation to see what led to the action instead of just giving a CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back