Archived 28 Twin Cities stores to get massive remodels

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Spot just announced they will be spending $250 million to remodel half of their twin cities locations. Pictures looked amazing! Me and @TTGOz stores are both on here, I’m so excited!

Target’s Gearing Up for Another Big Year of Store Remodels, Including a Major Investment in the Twin Cities - https://corporate.target.com/article/2018/03/store-remodels

Full list of stores:

Chanhassen

Blaine

Burnsville

Champlain

Lino Lakes

Maple Grove North

Edina

Monticello

Lakeville

Woodbury

Lake Street

Knollwood

Savage

North St. Paul

East St. Paul

Richfield

Woodbury East

Apple Valley

Ridgedale

Apple Valley South

Shoreview

West St. Paul

Forest Lake

Otsego

Plymouth

Fridley

Medina

Waconia

Why do all of the cool remodels happen in Minneapolis? :mad:
Because we’re spots home :p

But in all seriousness, according the articles I’ve read, these are the biggest remodels yet and all the stores are going to be completely redone, nursing rooms added, the entire layout changed, they’re gonna have one entrance befor ‘easy fast stops’, things like quick groceries and order pick up and the other be for more in depth shopping, etc. Gonna be crazy but super fun!

Because we’re spots home :p

But in all seriousness, according the articles I’ve read, these are the biggest remodels yet and all the stores are going to be completely redone, nursing rooms added, the entire layout changed, they’re gonna have one entrance befor ‘easy fast stops’, things like quick groceries and order pick up and the other be for more in depth shopping, etc. Gonna be crazy but super fun!

I WANT A COOL REMODEL! My beauty dept looks like that but the rest of the store is still plain old boring Target. I WANT A REMODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, some of these are close to home. I'll have to check them out when they're done. My old store had a recent remodel as well, shame that it isn't this style.

Mean while in non twin city states, we can't get nice stuff like working registers, fixtures, title or paper bags...
According to spots article they’ll ‘go big in other cities’ in coming years... :rolleyes:

Hahaha, some of these are close to home. I'll have to check them out when they're done. My old store had a recent remodel as well, shame that it isn't this style.
Isn’t your old store on the list?

Isn’t your old store on the list?
Nope, my old store got a remodel a 4/5 months ago. Although one of the stores on this list is pretty close to it.

“In fact, we have a legacy of investing in our team so they’re equipped to give our guests the best experience, even beyond our remodel program. We’ve dedicated hundreds of thousands of payroll hours to train our team in specialized roles at their stores and develop expertise to better serve our guests. And we raised our minimum hourly wage to $11 last year, with a commitment to increase it to $15 by the end of 2020.”

We have taken hundreds of thousands of hours out of our replenishment teams and put it into specialized roles that are taught to sell to our guests, without doing anything to support the supply chain process or to replace the hours that were taken.

Don’t pretend it’s an additional investment, it was a sacrifice to a basic portion of the business to allow for someone to brag publically that the stores are achieving something that sounds too good to be true on the hours given.

Last edited:
Showing "before" photos of dry grocery and "after" photos of produce tell me almost nothing of what would actually be changing.

If it's anything like the remodel my store got last year, guests and team members alike will hate it.

It’s all about making shopping at Target even better, with music in the background, a modern design aesthetic across the store, and enhanced merchandise presentations, including areas that showcase trends and top-of-mind products for the season. Many stores will have features that help them get online orders to guests even faster, like a bigger Order Pickup counter or a Drive Up lane in the parking lot.

ZMhznH5_d.jpg

Maybe by the time Spot gets to remodeling those stores, they’ll have finally figured out how to do it properly. I’ll be so glad when my store is done with our remodel, I can’t stand it.

My Stores on the list with today being the Start of the Remodel. We had the Speakers for Store Music dropped off about a Week ago. They're pretty nice JBL's. Only real issue thus far is we don't have a lot of room to hold the Remodel Supplies in the Back before they're loaded into the Trailers so its. Causing some fun issues with the Contractors.

All the stores around me except for one are getting the fancy remodels. Mine is not. Guess we were only cool enough to get the half-assed version of A&A 2.0 back in the fall. Not really surprised since we did get that softlines facelift, wouldn't have made sense to do that and then undo it again this year.

I'm pretty sure a couple of those are original ESFS stores, with massive daily order volume. Good luck to them...

According to spots article they’ll ‘go big in other cities’ in coming years... :rolleyes:

Suburban Chicago here. One nearby store is actively in the middle of this remodel. Another nearby store is slated to start over the summer. No idea when -or if - ours is being done, aside from our bathrooms.

I’m confused if I should expect a regular remodel or if this is truly the first of its kind? Just thought it’s weird that they made a whole Corp announcement for these and not the others... which makes me think it’s going be to even more different? In the article it says each store will be designed to its local area and no two of the 28 remodels will be alike

I’m confused if I should expect a regular remodel or if this is truly the first of its kind? Just thought it’s weird that they made a whole Corp announcement for these and not the others... which makes me think it’s going be to even more different? In the article it says each store will be designed to its local area and no two of the 28 remodels will be alike

I think it's a standard remodel (A&A 2.0, Beauty Blowout) with some customization based on your area. The customization remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back