Archived 2nd Break Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well just to cover your own rear-end, be as calm as you can if you discuss it again with the TL or any other leadership. Make sure to write down exactly what was said, who said it and when it happens.

TBH, the two leaders (hardlines/softlines ) were having a contest among themselves to see who could get the best zone for the night. It's all they were talking about on the walkies, driving us TMs batty.

At one point, I was told I had to zone (to planogram) 10 ailes in 60 minutes. That's doable if the ailes aren't destroyed, but mine were pretty messed up. They freaked out when I told them I didn't think it was possible, but I'd give it my best shot.
And not allowing TM's a second break after 7 hours is just free work being done for Target. It does add up.

Maybe I missed it, but have you talked to the ETL HR or STL? Your STL should know the company break/rest policy, in addition to applicable local laws. If they were smart they would put a pretty quick end to it.

What you have described is against Target policy in every state and illegal in most, but not all, states. I'm in a state that basically provides no break requirements for those over 18. But we still are held up to Target's company-wide policy and must follow it.

If your STL is okay with it, this needs to go to the hotline.

Maybe you can approach it to your STL with a "help me to help you" mentality...if he/she is any kind of smart, they will realize that having a SR.TL who is blatantly breaking policy is going to eventually reflect really badly on THEM, the STL, if/when anyone of importance gets wind of it.

Many veterans have left this store in the last few months.

Well, I do 7-11 every day with no real break. I'll grab a swig of coffee and power on. I'm also making 3-4 times what I made at Target.

I did 3-4 hours more than once on a register. Not my idea of fun though.

Common at my store. Will even need to let GSTL/GSA know that I leave in less than an hour and have 4 hours in, and want my break!

I had a sense there was something more going on than I was privy to know.

aaf_shifty.gif

As usual...

That's ridiculous. what are your GSTL/GSAs doing with the dang grid they carry around?

They get off schedule because we're busy, too busy to do breaks. Too busy to do breaks because we're understaffed. The GSA/GSTLs are always running around like chickens with their heads cut off (covering SBux breaks, @SD, in their office off stage, etc). Almost never are they speed weaving and supervising lanes....it's very different than when I worked at Spot before, and I don't fully understand why it's so different.

Can the LOD rescind a TM's 2nd break?

I'm talking, of course, a TM who has worked the required hours (at least 7 hours) to be eligible.

Can they say "No one gets a 2nd break on my shift?"
NO!! that is 100% illegal. If the TM chooses to not take a second break that is their choice not the LOD

If there were witnesses I could never get away with it.
aaf_shifty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back